Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know someone that is trying to play "backed up" aka burned DVD's in their Armada. They say that it does not work. They get the cant read disc error. But the DVD's work in a regular home DVD player....any ideas why these DVD's dont work.

note: I am asking for a friend....I do not condone the act of piracy!!!

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
It doesn't matter what, I think they should at least install the DVD player that capable of reading DVD-R and DVD+R. I have a lot of videos of my trips and kids on recordable DVD media. My Armada doesn't have the DVD player. I want to go to the dealer and check the player out on the Armada with recordable DVD media to see if it works.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
I play DVD-R DVD's everyday in my OEM DVD.
I backup my DVD's because I don't want to leave in my car on a 100+degree day. ;)
But I use DVDCLONE2 and ANYDVD to backup my dvd's, and they play in the car no problems.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
DVD-R's are much more likely to play. Even then some people haven't been able to get them to work on their system but some have. I can't remember anyone saying they could play DVD+R. For the price manufactures charge for OEM entertainment systems they should provide quality equal to what you can get aftermarket. I have a $155 DVD player that plays it all, and has a TV tuner.....big price difference between that and the $1600 Nissan wants for a DVD player and monitor.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Anymore DVD feedback?

Now my backed up DVD-R's are not playing anymore. The original DVD plays fine.

I wonder if brand of DVD-R matters. I've been using SONY.

Anyone else having this experience?

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I can get both dvdr and plus to work no problem in my OEM dvd player.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
burned dvd

I have found that a burned dvd may work in one system and not another, I have an armada, my husband a Titan and a burned dvd wouldn't work in his, but worked in mine...so who knows.. :)

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Bobbigirl said:
I have found that a burned dvd may work in one system and not another, I have an armada, my husband a Titan and a burned dvd wouldn't work in his, but worked in mine...so who knows.. :)
I thinked they just like you better. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts