Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 LS Armada, does it have CANBUS?
Looking to replace interior lights and backup lights with LEDs.
Some "stores" I've looked at ask if the vehicle has CANBUS or won't work with CANBUS.
Read several LED replacement DIYs here and don't recall anyone mentioning anything about replacement problems.
Thanks

·
Registered
2017 Nissan Armada Platinum
43 Posts
You can check @TundraOnKings thread to get good recommendation for new lights and how to install them.

I followed his thread to replace all my interior lights, my high beams and the backup lights with LEDs and they all worked flawlessly and it took me about 15 minutes total.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.(y)

Well I'm back with another question.
I decided to get eyes on a couple of the bulbs. Found most are the small bulb types but when I looked at the cargo light it was different. It is the barrel or festoon type. The only markings on it are "Kelly 12volts 8watts and is 1-1/4" lg".
Owners book calls for the interior bulbs W5W.
So how do I choose the correct LED bulb?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Changed to the LED lights, but ...changed the two map lights worked fine.
Next the back passenger on left side, worked. Then replaced cargo and backup lights but didn't check,went on to the rest of lights. When finished none of the interior lights worked!
Backup lights work,
Re checked and bulbs seem to be fully seated.
No error light on dash.pulled cover on drivers side and fuses seem to be fine. Fuse listed calls "room light" which I take to be interior lights 10A.
Also on map light passenger side there is a small orange light that comes on sometimes.
Any advice before I pug old bulbs back in?
Can't get any easier, I'm over looking something simple.
Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
6,188 Posts
sometimes you have to flip the led bulbs inside the housing to get them to work -- meaning think of them as being a battery, with one end + and the other end - , and you put the battery in the wrong way. some led lamps may work if you flip them around.

they should just -- work! nothing else to change or do. assuming your circuit/fuses are working and those leds are designed to work with your specific car and are the same type as the old school filament bulbs you are replacing.

by the by, if you ever decide to do the turn signals, you have to instal a resistor so that this doesn't cause the blinkers to "hyper flash" -- there may be some leds now that have these built in, but check this to make sure.

also i recommend the "switch back" style blinkers! when you activate them, they change to orange, but when they are not , they are white. i did this a few years ago and looks nice.

·
Registered
2017 Nissan Armada Platinum
43 Posts
I had to flip a couple of the LED's when putting them in since they weren't working. But for your other issues, never heard of a vehicle doing that. Sorry can't be of much help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Finished flipping the LEDs but nothing happened. Reinstalled old bulbs including cargo light and no lights work.
I rechecked fuse marked "Room lamp 10A" it's good.
As I mentioned above turned on each map lights and a back passenger light and they worked so I just finished installing the rest without checking so don't know witch bulb might have caused blackout.
Hate to go to dealer only to find something obvious.

Well this is embarrassing...checked the fuse twice and looked fine.
Finally decided to change the fuse anyway.
New fuse and Bing lights!
Lesson learned. Fuses are not always what they seem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts