Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Armada. When I first got it I replaced the fan control sync thingy under the dash because the air only blew one speed (high). The system has dual temp. controls, the ac will turn on and off but I cannot adjust the temp up or down for ac or heat. Any ideas? Temperature Control Switch? Air-blend door? If it is the switch could I change that myself??

I very much appreciated anyone who has the time to reply.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to both of the replies. Pops I have already fixed the fan issue just the way the others had.

So I believe I am on to the self diagnostics. As soon as I get a chance I will perform that test I will let you know what code I get. Thanks - KingRJ

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Diagnostics code

KingRJ this is a long delay in getting back to my a/c issue (I am a recovering Texas Ranger fan in Fort Worth, Texas). Anyway the code I got when I ran the diagnostic was "00" which showed up over the driver side temp control knob if that makes a difference. And for clarification this is a/c controls w/o Navi.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I have a 2011 Nissan Armada Platinum and have been having issues with the temperature adjustment. It only works either on full cold (a/c) or full hot (heat) with no adjustments in-between.

@KingRJ, you're the man. thanks for the self-diagnostic trick. For my 2011, entering the self-diagnostics is a bit different. I had to piece together the steps from other threads.

The process:
1. ignition on
2. turn off radio
3. hold down the SETTINGS button and turn the volume knob counter-clockwise
4. follow the steps in the instructions KingRJ shared

The code will appear as the outside temperature. My code was 92. Using the list above, it relates to the air blower MODE. Strange since it seems to be cycling thru the different modes just fine. My rear one is click tho. Some more digging for me.

Hope this helps anyone else in the same situation.

Cheers,
Rod

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you all for contributing to this thread! What a great resource. I also have a 2011 Armada Platinum that is having HVAC issues. It's either blowing hotter than blazes or frigid cold....there really doesn't seem to be a midpoint. When I set the temp at a particular point it will heat to that setpoint and then continue to overshoot until I decrease the setpoint by at least ~ 5 degrees. Then it will blow cold air until I can't stand the cold and increase the setpoint by ~ 5 degrees. It's a continuous yoyo. The same happens if the original setpoint calls for cool air. I never have heard any clicking sounds.

I bought the vehicle used 4 years ago and have had no problems until this last spring. This spring I did add some refrigerant to the system because I was getting no cold and the pressure was reading low (confirmed by shop also). The refrigerant pressure seems to be holding well and I can get cold air. The yoyo problem as described above wasn't present prior to being low on refrigerant....as far as I know (although without refrigerant it's hard to tell).

I was able to run the diagnostic (thanks @KingRJ and @camposrod). I received codes:
  • 12 (Air Mix Door Motor (Passenger) Circuit Failure)
  • 22 (Air Mix Door Motor (Driver) Circuit Failure)
With these codes presenting, am I likely going to have to replace both actuators (please say no)? OR... is there some type of reset that can be done to potentially re-establish comm with the actuators since "Circuit Failure" is in the given delivered code?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
There is a warranty extension for some of these motors....you should try that first. There is also a flash update involved with this issue. If you should not qualify for the warranty I would recommend having the re-flash performed PRIOR to replacing any parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
@KingRJ, thanks much for the reply. I will do some further investigating with the "stealership" and re-post with the solution. To be continued...

·
Registered
1 Posts
@KingRJ - I'm experiencing the same "yoyo" problem in my 2017 Armada Platinum. Is there any further information about the flash update you mentioned (like a bulletin number or something) that I could reference when I talk to the service folks at my local dealership? Many thanks.

There is a warranty extension for some of these motors....you should try that first. There is also a flash update involved with this issue. If you should not qualify for the warranty I would recommend having the re-flash performed PRIOR to replacing any parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
@mwestmo sorry for the late reply to this thread. After bringing the vehicle in for further diagnostics it was determined that the flash update would not help me and unfortunately I was beyond the warranty period. I had both actuators replaced at a local shop. It was around $400 out the door, which I thought was fairly reasonable considering the stuff I read on line describing the amount of effort it takes to replace them. I can steer you towards that shop if you are in my area (MN). PM me if you wish.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You need to run this first!;)
Mr. King,

I have a 2013 platinum and I'm going crazy... dual climate wont work, so if i take it out of dual it seems to work fine. I can make it do anything i want in manual mode as well. if in dual it typically does whatever the passenger side is doing. Is there a way to diagnose on the '13 model?
Thanks,
Smitty

1 - 15 of 15 Posts