Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody

What kind the cargo box you used? With you factory cross bar. I have twins and I need more space

Thanks

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I bought a 7x14 tandem axle trailer with 5200# axles and a 9990 GVWR. I travel heavy.

Reactions: Ochoa1801

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Rola

We have a Rola hitch-mount cargo carrier w/a weatherproof cargo bag. We used it with our Pilot & it was fantastic - have yet to use it with the new Armada, but I'm sure it will work just as well. Gives us lots of extra room for suitcases & bulky items.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
I just bought the XXL Thule box, and aero blade crossbars. Installing it this weekend to prepare for our Christmas trip to the OBX. Looking forward to the extra space in the truck, we travel with two large dogs and their crate takes up most of the rear cargo area. Will post some pics this weekend.

Brian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
We have a Rola hitch-mount cargo carrier w/a weatherproof cargo bag. We used it with our Pilot & it was fantastic - have yet to use it with the new Armada, but I'm sure it will work just as well. Gives us lots of extra room for suitcases & bulky items.
I've been really contemplating a hitch carrier as it seems to be the least expensive route. I probably need to start frequently browsing CL for a nice used roof box though. They have a much cleaner look.

Packasport. More expensive but worth it. Fiberglass vs plastic wins in my book.

https://packasport.com/parts?olsPage=t/cargo-box
I've always had pickup trucks, do these roof boxes mount rock solid?

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
IMG_0685.jpg IMG_0686.jpg IMG_0688.jpg IMG_0689.jpg IMG_0690.jpg

Attached the Thule Motion XT XXL. Taking it to the Outer Banks for its first trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
BR nice KO2s - truck looks great. I hope the cargo box worked well for you.

My solution for our holiday trip this year was to rent a uhaul trailer to load up bikes, grills, coolers, etc. for two families. The Armada pulled great, but I ran out of gas 3 miles from my planned gas stop. I am used to running for 80 miles after the gauge reads dead empty, but i only got 42 miles after dead empty pulling a fully loaded uhaul trailer. Off topic, but I wish someone would come up with a solution for the bad gas gauge (other than filling up when you have 4 gallons of gas left in the tank). I will now be travelling with a full one gallon can on road trips...

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
BR nice KO2s - truck looks great. I hope the cargo box worked well for you.

My solution for our holiday trip this year was to rent a uhaul trailer to load up bikes, grills, coolers, etc. for two families. The Armada pulled great, but I ran out of gas 3 miles from my planned gas stop. I am used to running for 80 miles after the gauge reads dead empty, but i only got 42 miles after dead empty pulling a fully loaded uhaul trailer. Off topic, but I wish someone would come up with a solution for the bad gas gauge (other than filling up when you have 4 gallons of gas left in the tank). I will now be travelling with a full one gallon can on road trips...

I love the tires, they have been great in rain and snow. This week we spent the week in the Outer Banks 4 wheel drive area. There has been a lot of rain, and ponding. We made it through a couple of 4ft sections, was worried when the headlights submerged that we were gong to stall but it was all good. The box is awesome, I bought a small 3step aluminum ladder to help get inside the box. This truck is smaller than my first Armada, sounds crazy but there is a lot less space in this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you guys see the Stowaway2 hitch cargo boxes?
Heavy-duty hitch cargo carrier boxes offered in two sizes, two colors and on a fixed or swing away frame

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Did you guys see the Stowaway2 hitch cargo boxes?
Heavy-duty hitch cargo carrier boxes offered in two sizes, two colors and on a fixed or swing away frame
Looked at it didn’t want to lose hitch access. Love the Thule box, very little wind noise and lots of space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I bought a Yakima RocketBox for my BMW, and use it on my Armada if/when I need the extra storage.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
In that the roof top box, looks like it belongs on a mini van., plus it's a huge pain in the ass to.pack and unload that thing. I use the hitch mount tray. With a big waterproof bag. Tray folds up when not in use, perfect for beach outing, I set canopy up over back of armada and use my hitch mount as an outdoor kitchen.
I use the roof for kayaks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts