Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I started out looking for just one of those hitch trays and then came across these (the swing out). Anyone seen or used them?
http://www.usa-trailer-hitches.com/standar_dps_carrier.htm

I'm not sure about the plastic tray? I'm thinking that some of the local custom hitch places will have or could make a swing out tray thats about 2'x5' and I saw yesterday some nice cargo boxes at walmart that would be nice for tailgate party's the box has cup holders built in too.

Anyone have any suggestions

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
That looks like a really nice one. It is a good idea. If you aren't loading with concrete or pig iron, I would think the plastic would hold what you need. I have a plastic box on my jetski trailer I put 15 gallons of gas in. Its sitting on a 3" wide beam downt he middle with 2 u-bolts and it works fine. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It just seems that things would slide around on the plastic tray too much? I think I'll look into just getting a metal tray with a swing out arm and then get a nice box for it for when I need to keep stuff out of the elements. The box with that set up is only 15cf too, I think I might want something a little bigger maybe 20cf. I found a nice diamond plate one but it's about $800...looks nice but nah I'll save the money for something else and go more "ghetto".

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
They need to make one of those boxes a giant cooler, then your talking! I've seen those platforms made from steel mesh with about 3" sides all around. Lots of places to bungee to,or you can add a box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts