Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
4,360 Posts
andy said:
2 questions:
1> What is difference between SS and aluminum exhaust? Does it sound different? It it just looks, durability?
2> How do you guys get 15+MPG? I get 12-13 no matter what I pull, load, or the way i drive. I do about 10% freeway, 90% street. Are you guys on the freeway a lot?
Stainless steel gives you looks and durability. Aluminum gives you lighter weight.

Higher mileage happens when you stay on highways using cruise at speeds of 55-65mph. Deviating from this lowers mileage.

· Premium Member
4,360 Posts
scr38 said:
There seems to be some confusion about the exhaust systems. There is no aluminum system. It is alumized steel. In other words it is steel with a very thin coating of aluminum, similar to galvnized steel, which has a coating of zinc. The stainless will give a much longer life in high moisture areas, like here on the Gulf Coast. There is very little differences in the weight of the systems. There won't be any difference in sound between the two.
I keep my vehicles a long time, so the SS is worth the extra cost to me.
There were different exhausts available for my vette. The Stainless one weighed more. Different maker. Must have been the construction or design, not the materials used that accounted for the weight difference. Good call.

So stainless gives you looks and durability, and weighs the same. :schla24:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.