Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not read much at all about this being an issue, but I heard that for whatever reason Armada cats have the tendency to self destruct and get sucked into the engine causing engine failure...? I am assuming that this is not common as I was previously led to believe? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,583 Posts
Has this happened? Yes. Is it common? No. And typically it is caused by something else going on with the car, such as a misfire condition, that was allowed to go on for too long without being fixed. I've also heard low fuel pressure can cause a cat to clog up due to running too lean and then come apart and get sucked back into the engine. What is common is that 1st Gen Armadas have a tendency to crack exhaust manifolds. This happened on my 2006 Armada, fortunately before the emissions warranty had expired. Hasn't happened on the 2012.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotcha. Thanks for the response. There is a youtube video about nissans and the guy (car wizard) claimed that armadas were known for failing cats... thought that sounded odd since you usually hear about the headers—not cats.

·
Vendor
198 Posts
The problem is that the header and cat are 1 piece.. headers are very prone to cracking and when it does crack it messes up the fuel mixture which then causes the cat to fail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts