Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have signed up for this forum to find out how many folks have a 2012 that they have done the JBA B-pipe mods to.
We have 113k miles and no codes so far but wonder if I should be considering this upgrade to avoid it getting killed by the cats.
Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks,
Scott

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Not sure what you mean. I have never heard of cracked manifolds causing any damage. There is no reason to do anything unless you have evidence of a crack. If you are thinking of doing headers make sure that you do your research. It will change you exhaust noise in ways that some people aren't happy with.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
What happens is cracked manifolds lead to running rich, more fuel dumped into the system leads to plugged cats. Once the cats starts falling apart the valve overlap in the VK 56 is enough to actually suck particles into the cylinders. This can cause scarring of the cylinder walls as well as valve and seat damage.

As for the sound, if you are going to be using the stock exhaust you should be fine. If you are getting an aftermarket exhaust be sure to get a Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator to kill any drone.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Not doubting that could theoretically happen but I haven’t seen any real world examples. What I have noticed is that the issues with cracked manifolds seems to have decreased since Nissan reinforced them. I personally wouldn’t do anything until you have an issue but everyone needs to make their own decision. Armadas are not trouble free so there will always be issues to address.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you 1lowcab, I just purchased a 62k mile qx80 and am wondering if I should ditch the manifolds since warranty is non issue.. I wouldn't be interested in sound or race mode, just want this thing to make it past 150k miles some day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts