Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
It depends on which converters they are changing out. There are four on the Armada. The primary cats are welded to the manifolds, and the entire manifold/cat assembly must be changed. Not an easy or quick job.
The secondary cats are in the "B" pipes, which are between the primary cats and the Y pipe. They are much easier to change; it should take only about an hour to change them.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just picked it up and it was the primary cats, they did both sides,covered under 80k warranty for emissions. it only needed the left side.i have 68k on her already. i hope they last this time.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
The cat on my Maxima failed about the same time. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come on the Armada.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
manny0 said:
just picked it up and it was the primary cats, they did both sides,covered under 80k warranty for emissions. it only needed the left side.i have 68k on her already. i hope they last this time.
The warranty is 80K on emissions?

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Thanks for sharing that information.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Just put my baby in the shop today for service engine soon light (71k miles). Verdict-bad cat! They say it will be ready tomorrow by lunch so it must have been the secondary cats, not the primary. Dealer says it is covered under the 80k emissions warranty.

·
SHIFT_Moderator
13,192 Posts
Just a little update. I just had some work on my truck (79K miles) for a noise coming from the suspension on the passengers side. My wife kept telling ,e she felt a rattling in the floorboard. So after a couple of visits, they narrowed it don and found out there was a loose bolt high up on the stabalizer bar that they found with a little rust on, indicating that it had been loose for a little while. ANYWAY, noise gone and all is good. 2 days work for $50 dollar deductable.

Service Engine Soon light came on last night (80.5K miles). So this morning on the way to work, I stopped by the dealer in Tyson's Corner, VA near my job for a diagnosis.

Low and behold, the catalytic convertor is the culprit. Thank god I have the Gold Plus warranty. It has paid for itself. They ordered the exhaust and it will be in Tuesday. I am scheduled to get it changed on Wednesday and get a loaner/rental while they finish the work. Again, it will be for $50. :D

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Yes Eric, I have the same warranty, I have to drop mine of at the dealer to have the transfer case, checked out since it won't go into 4Lo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.