Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new 2005 Armada LE and am enjoying getting to know the vehicle. One thing I'm puzzled about is the center console in the the front and the second row (I have the captain's chairs in the 2nd row). When you open either console, on the underside of the lid there are two plastic moldings that appear to be designed to hold something. One looks like a clip and the other is a longer "rail" with an opening at one end.

At first I thought this was a place to store the DVD remote control but it doesn't fit. It clearly was designed for something but I haven't found any references to it in the manual. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Eric

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Drink Holder

Extra large or super size drink holder

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
NewToNissan said:
I just purchased a new 2005 Armada LE and am enjoying getting to know the vehicle. One thing I'm puzzled about is the center console in the the front and the second row (I have the captain's chairs in the 2nd row). When you open either console, on the underside of the lid there are two plastic moldings that appear to be designed to hold something. One looks like a clip and the other is a longer "rail" with an opening at one end.

At first I thought this was a place to store the DVD remote control but it doesn't fit. It clearly was designed for something but I haven't found any references to it in the manual. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Eric
Clip = insurance info holder
Rail = travel tissue holder

BTW, the slots on the sides of the front center console, that most people use to hold pens, holds perfectly a very large Maglite. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
bbeanan said:
I put tip cash in the rail holder myself..
This trick also helps to get rid those irritating rattles you can't figure out. That is if you tip with coins:)

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds Like That Might Work

92TripleBlack said:
Clip = insurance info holder
Rail = travel tissue holder

BTW, the slots on the sides of the front center console, that most people use to hold pens, holds perfectly a very large Maglite. ;)
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give that a try. Is that what you've decided to use them for or do you know that's what they were built for?

It still doesn't seem like we've found the answer. The clip is too inflexible to hold anything but something of a very specific size and the rail has an unusual shape. Now I haven't tried the tissue idea yet so maybe that's it but I'm interested to hear if anyone has seen anything definitive about their use.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bbeanan said:
I put tip cash in the rail holder myself..
If only there were a good place to put change. I'm surprised they didn't build a coin holder into one of the compartments. I'm also surprised there isn't a storage space for the dvd remote.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I owned 2 Durangos and they both had built in coin holders, this is the one thing that I really miss, I heard there was a Nissan one available that you could stick wherever, but I have not been able to locate one.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
crash4444 said:
I owned 2 Durangos and they both had built in coin holders, this is the one thing that I really miss, I heard there was Nissan one available that you could stick wherever, but I have not been able to locate one.
The slots are Tissue and insurance card slots though you could use them for whatever you like. They did have a coin holder in '04 but deleted it in '05 and many '04 never got one from the dealer. You can order it but it costs bucks for really nothing. I put my coins in the cup on the top right corner of the dash by the mirror. No rattles and handy. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
drcookie said:
One thing the MADA does not come with is the coin holder. I can't find one.
As I said the post before yours :comphead: , the dealer sells them for $75 or so. They fit inside the center console compartment. Not sure if its worth it too me.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
got my coin holder from the dealer for free.....it was supposed to be a stock item on ALL 2004 models.....I kind of forced the issue and they got one for me.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts