Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Nissan sell a center seat for the second row captain's chairs? I am wanting to convert my captin's chairs set-up to a bench seat. I talked to my dealer, and they don't know anything.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Doesn't look like enough room to me, but couldn't you switch to the split bench set-up? That may be expensive, but should be possible. You could even offer a one for one trade on Ebay. I would bet that there are people wanting to go the other way.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I am interested in buying a SE but my wife was wondering about the middle bench seat. When the middle section folds down is it sort of a center console? Does it have cupholders, I have two girls 6 and 5 yrs old and was wondering if I should get the middle bench seat or upgrade to an LE with captains chairs. If anyone could post a picture of the middle section folded down that would be great, thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
warrant_ero said:
I am interested in buying a SE but my wife was wondering about the middle bench seat. When the middle section folds down is it sort of a center console? Does it have cupholders, I have two girls 6 and 5 yrs old and was wondering if I should get the middle bench seat or upgrade to an LE with captains chairs. If anyone could post a picture of the middle section folded down that would be great, thanks.
The middle section has cup holders, but it is not a center console (i.e. it does not have any storage). We have the LE with the bench seat option (no cost over the captain's chairs). I think the bench seat is the way to go.

Keith

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
The bench is good for kids and flexibility. It has the back part of the middle section that folds forward with 2 cupholders exposed. When laid flat (between two car seats) it allows access to the back cargo area. For me this works for the family dog...when traveling, she usually lays there between the two kids (mine are too young to use the cupholders).

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
i have the captains chairs and really like them. i have 2 kids in car seats and we use the third row. without that space in the center with the console removed we would have to remove a car seat to flip the seat forward so someone could go to the third row. this was very important i also have a dog that lays between the seats while in the car. i had a cadillac escalade that was set up the same way and it really works well. if your kids aren't in car seats i guess it really would be different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts