Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
08 Nissan Armada SE
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I must admit I did not realize that there was even such a thing as a cabin air filter until yesterday while looking through this forum. Well I'm here to tell you if you buy a used vehicle this is definitely a must do especially if the vehicle has a little age on it . There is another person on here who did it and his was filled with cigarette butts 馃槼 . Mine was filled with bugs leaves and dirt. I just finished doing the filter change and here are some shots of the old filters . I actually turned my AC on before installing the new filters and it was like hurricane force winds . So I wonder do ya really need the filters ???? seems a shame that once I put the new filters in it slowed the flow a bit but it's definitely still way better than it was . It was also pretty simple to do . Just watch a YouTube video on your year to see how to remove the glove box . The cost for the filters from auto zone was $30. This was the best 30 bucks I've spent in a while, it has at least doubled my air flow.
Wood Finger Terrestrial plant Pattern Plant
Wood Grey Natural material Twig Terrestrial plant
Road surface Grass Manhole Plant Manhole cover

Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL RWD
Good call. It's something I generally do as part of routine maintenance but two trucks ago, I neglected it too long and it did make a difference in the air-flow. It was filthy when I finally got around to it.
On a side note, that looks like an ant from hell right there...

Registered
08 Nissan Armada SE
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good call. It's something I generally do as part of routine maintenance but two trucks ago, I neglected it too long and it did make a difference in the air-flow. It was filthy when I finally got around to it.
On a side note, that looks like an ant from hell right there...
Lol yeah your like the third person who commented on the ant . They are common where I live in FL. They are huge and bite like hell . As for the cabin air filter neither me or my husband knew that was a thing but it's definitely on my radar now for regular maintenance.

Administrator
just use the one nissan recommend. the manufacture know better than 3rd party what filter to use. you have a chance to make poor airflow with anything other than what is recommended by nissan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts