Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my '04 is now my tow vehicle. Never had the headers done as far as I know, I'm at about 135K, so I'm assuming soon.

I don't want it to happen halfway to the beach with my trailer attached.

But this also has to last a max of maybe 2 more years, and I'm not all that concerned about more power, etc. I have a fun car on the side, this thing does a job.

So what's the best solution that won't cost me $1500 and retain the standard cat setup so my QX will pass emissions, etc? Doesn't have to have them in the same place, just has to not throw a code and pass a visual exam.

·
Vendor
192 Posts
so what's the best solution that won't cost me $1500 and retain the standard cat setup so my QX will pass emissions, etc?
There isn't one. That's why the Cajun setup is so popular. Dorman, Eastern, etc cheap OEM replacements can and will fail even faster than Nissan manifolds. I've personally seen brand new Dorman manifolds fail after 6 months. They may warranty the parts but you are on the hook for ALL the labor to replace them. Don't want to have to do this job twice, and you say 2 years but its pretty hard to sell a vehicle with the check engine light on....

www.cajunbpipes.com

·
Registered
119 Posts
You can drive it just fine with a leak. I knew a guy who towed 2000 miles on such a leak. Sure it made a racket, but he made it home just fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts