Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked though the mods threads and didn't see an answer to this.
Has anyone done a CHMSL flasher mod?
The kind where the high mount brake light flashes 6-10 time rapidly upon stepping on the brake and then goes to full on.
They sell a couple of different modules on Ebay. Some flash a set amount of times and others are adjustable for flash rate and duration.
just wondering if anyone here has done it, what's required and finally, is the '12 Mada LED's or just regular bulbs?

thanks

·
Administrator
5,215 Posts
The high stop light is LED.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked though the mods threads and didn't see an answer to this.
Has anyone done a CHMSL flasher mod?
The kind where the high mount brake light flashes 6-10 time rapidly upon stepping on the brake and then goes to full on.
They sell a couple of different modules on Ebay. Some flash a set amount of times and others are adjustable for flash rate and duration.
just wondering if anyone here has done it, what's required and finally, is the '12 Mada LED's or just regular bulbs?

thanks
So, I know it's bad form to reply to my own thread but....

Figured it out today with a little probing of the wires with a power probe and a test light.
Take off the center panel over the back hatch. It just pulls off. There are 3 wire looms with connectors on the right (passenger) side. The one closest to the center is the one you want. Unplug it
2nd red wire on bottom left is 12 volts for the CHMSL
Purple wire is ground.
The strobe I use has a red in/out and a black in/out.
Clip the red wire and attach each end to the corresponding in/out for the strobe. Tape or use crimp connects.
Clip the purple and repeat with the proper black leads from the strobe.
Test to see it's functioning.
Button everything up.
Total time was just under 45 minutes but most of that was figuring out which wire is which.
I run these strobes on every vehicle we own and it makes a huge difference is cutting down on rear end'ers. People seem to notice the flashing lights more than the solid ones. Really helps at night.

Fyi. While these strobes on EBay and Amazon say they're specifically for LED lights, I have used them on regular single bulb incandescent and it worked, but your mileage may vary. For under $5.00 it's worth it.

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Not bad form at all, extremely informative. In fact, this would be good as a sticky. Mods?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts