Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised, I was going to give you updates on pricing for the chromeing of the side moldings on the doors (similar to QX) styling. There are a number of different processess they use to coat/metalize plastic parts. For the elecroless silver/clearcoat the price is $350 for the set. About a 6-7 on the scale of 10 for chrome. Finish would show some "orange peel" texture because it is actually sprayed with a clear coat finish for protection. Now I have a vendor that says they can do full "show quality" triple chrome plating (guarantees satisfaction) 10 out of 10 for finish. I got him to bring the price down from $1800 to $1500 if we send him two sets to do. I personally think this is kinda steep but I would love to get it done eventually. (let me check my lotto ticket). However some of you 'big bawllas' that got endless loot, this should be no problem. Let me know if anyone is interested in either one of these deals.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A little skeptical

These are mylar coated. Kinda like shrink wrap. The stuff they put on model planes. I would really have to see them to see the quality. They look good in the picture. But since he is saying they are for trucks without factory molding, then something must be different. Not same dimensions as OEM stuff. Guess I continue my quest. I don't have the heart or the pockets to drop $1500 right now for the real deal. Maybe mylar is the answer.

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this old thread. But I would really like chrome door moldings.

My question is: Has anyone removed their body side moldings? If so, are they installed with sticky-tape only, or clipped in through the sheetmetal?

My possible solution is to remove them myself. Then wetsand as smooth as possible. Lay on a heavy coat of clearcoat. Then hit it with some MirraChrome http://www.alsacorp.com/mirrachrome/ . Then reinstall.

Whatcha think?

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
What is the cost of the MirraChrome?

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts