Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
armadajoe said:
I was thinking about starting class action lawsuit to force them to recall product. Anyone interested please forward me your horror stories, I want to compile them and bring them to attorney I know.
You can e-mail me at: [email protected]

I will fix them
Why class action? That's what the lemon law is for. Speaking from experience.

Keith

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Get New Brakes

armadajoe said:
I was thinking about starting class action lawsuit to force them to recall product. Anyone interested please forward me your horror stories, I want to compile them and bring them to attorney I know.

I will fix them
Why don't you just go to your local dealer and get new brakes. Just like many have done before and many will do after you. It doesn't cost you anything. And less time and frustration than starting legal action :huh:

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
FL_Crushin said:
Why don't you just go to your local dealer and get new brakes. Just like many have done before and many will do after you. It doesn't cost you anything. And less time and frustration than starting legal action :huh:

I couldn't agree more!! They've already aknowledged the problem and offer a FREE fix to remedy the situation. Why on earth would one want to start legal action. Talk about one the biggest problems in this country I love very much...everybody and their brother is "lawsuit happy." They're not trying to pull one over on anybody, and they're not benefiting in any way shape or form.

Like the father who's daughters got struck in the head when a balloon in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade hit the lamp said, "It wasn't intentional and my girls weren't permanently/seriously hurt. Why should I sue?" Nissan had an unintentional manufacturing issue and they stepped up to the plate and offer a remedy. What's a lawsuit going to solve?

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
I agree with you all, if I have a problem just go to the dealer, if he didn't fix it go to another, I would rather enjoy driving my Armada than have the headache of a lawsuit hoovering and taunting me for 2-3 years :D

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
armadajoe said:

I will fix them
Uh, they were fixed 6 months ago. You are 2 years too late. :rolleyes: :duh:

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
Oh, and welcome. ;)

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
And what if it turns out the final fix isn't the final fix?

Check out this thread http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2730

Maybe its best to keep all options open, though I must say I am going through a class action lawsuit against a financial advisor company and it seems to be taking years with no progress.

Could someone post a pic of say a weeks brake dust as I am not sure of what you all consider a lot or a little. My Armada was made in 06/05 and I am sure it has the new rotors, but I seem to get a fair bit of brake dust. Washes straight off though.

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
Not sure if you got the new pads and rotors. You should have, but I've heard from a few Titan guys that they got the new rotors but not the new pads on late build '05s. :mad:

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
FL_Crushin said:
Cause some dealers like BayRidge Nissan doesn't want to do the right thing even when you point out the problem. They insist that it is wear and tear even when you point out all the stuff on the net. They charged me 95 bucks plus tax for diagonis. They wanted 319.00 to cut rotors and put new pads. Yeah, I want them working on my Armada.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Welcome to the club. I wouldn't join a law suit club...mine is still under warranty. They have to fix it for free. I had been changed on my breaks about 3x until they received the right parts.

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
1Lee said:
Cause some dealers like BayRidge Nissan doesn't want to do the right thing even when you point out the problem. They insist that it is wear and tear even when you point out all the stuff on the net. They charged me 95 bucks plus tax for diagonis. They wanted 319.00 to cut rotors and put new pads. Yeah, I want them working on my Armada.
All what you have to do is go to another dealer, and if they did not fix it start threatning with lemon, and make some noise:cool:

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
class action lawsuit abuse

My two cents...

I've been a "party" to multiple class action lawsuits. The classic example is when I recv'd a check for 27 cents from AT&T universal card because some "philanthropic" lawyer had filed a class action claim on my behalf. WTF?

Class action lawsuits have become money making machines for worthless lawyers. When over a third of the settlement goes to a half dozen cheap suited grease balls and the rest gets spread over "thousands" of unwilling claimants, that's a bunch of bull! The "company" doesn't "learn" anything...they just pass on their penalties to the consumer and the lawyers get rich...and worst of all, those lawyers procreate to make more lawyers.

I've got a brake fix in mind...it entails lubing my brake rotors with the innards of lawyers. Buddy, go bark up someone else's tree and stop clogging up this forum.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Pathfinder brake problems. I had a 05 PF and it had brake problems from the get-go! I took it in 5 times and it was never fixed and finally acknowledged by Nissan that there is in fact a problem to deal with. I spent alot of my time on days off trying to get the problem fixed to no avail. The dealership finally caved and got me into an 06 Armada. The brake problems have SUPPOSEDLY sorted out in the 06 PF/Ars- at least I hope so!!

Carter

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
All Infiniti/Nissans that I know of had brake problems. The supplier of brake rotors and pads sucked. They replaced them and use new ones. Guess they had to play out the contract. Anyway, I had problems on my G35 also. They replaced them for free in '05 just as they did on my Armada, and just like the Armada, the problems went away.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
mich05 said:
I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I bought a new 2004 still on the lot a year ago, I now have 25,000 miles and no problems with the brakes at all.

Same here, so at least two 04's did not have any brake trouble at all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.