Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a click/creak coming from the rear tire area. Sounds like metal flexing. Happens whenever I shift to D or R and give gas. Once It clicks though it usually goes away. I thought it might be something improperly torqued.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I had the same problem with my 05 SE. There is a TSB for the problem for the 04 (http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/Nissan/2004/NTB04-113.htm). The dealership here did not think the TSB was applicable because it was for an 04. They were convinced that the problem was due to the 20" wheels that I added. They wanted me to bring the Armada back with the original tires and wheels and see if the noise was still there. Since I had already sold the original tires and wheels I told them this was not possible. At that point they did not want to do anything else. So I told them to replace one of the wheels with the spare tire and see if the problem went away. Of course this was around lunch time and all the techs had to go to lunch. When I came back at the end of the day the problem was still there with the spare so the TSB was applicable to the 05. Of course the dealership did not have the new bolts for the hub so I have to go back next week.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts