Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the L/F window fully raised, a clicking noise can be heard from the bottom rear corner (behind the driver's shoulder) when going over bumps in the road. If pressure is applied to the corner, the noise goes away. It does not make the noise with the window slightly lowered. I saw the posts for '04 and '05 vehicles but I am wondering if the '06 is still having a problem. If so, what is the correct fix?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,360 Posts
;)
ToyHauler said:
With the L/F window fully raised, a clicking noise can be heard from the bottom rear corner (behind the driver's shoulder) when going over bumps in the road. If pressure is applied to the corner, the noise goes away. It does not make the noise with the window slightly lowered. I saw the posts for '04 and '05 vehicles but I am wondering if the '06 is still having a problem. If so, what is the correct fix?
Sounds like it may be the seal. Mine made a slight noise. The latch needed to be tightened slightly.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2 Posts
Clicking Noise

ToyHauler said:
With the L/F window fully raised, a clicking noise can be heard from the bottom rear corner (behind the driver's shoulder) when going over bumps in the road. If pressure is applied to the corner, the noise goes away. It does not make the noise with the window slightly lowered. I saw the posts for '04 and '05 vehicles but I am wondering if the '06 is still having a problem. If so, what is the correct fix?
Hi,
I just joined this site today and was reviewing various posts and saw yours. I also have that problem. I got my 05 Armada in October and it is going in for it's first service on 1/31. Besides the window, my sunroof rattles, my steering wheels vibrates whe you step on the brakes and there is some kind of high pitched whistling noise that is driving me CRAZY in the car when I get it up to about 50 and higher. I can't figure out where it is coming from. Do you have any other problems other then your window?

Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,360 Posts
Bern said:
Hi,
I just joined this site today and was reviewing various posts and saw yours. I also have that problem. I got my 05 Armada in October and it is going in for it's first service on 1/31. Besides the window, my sunroof rattles, my steering wheels vibrates whe you step on the brakes and there is some kind of high pitched whistling noise that is driving me CRAZY in the car when I get it up to about 50 and higher. I can't figure out where it is coming from. Do you have any other problems other then your window?

Thanks
Welcome.
My sunroof had a loose screw. Dealer tightened it and no rattle.
Steering wheel vibration sounds like you need the brake rotor and pad upgrade/replacement. All the things you are mentioning are easily fixed at the dealer in one day and covered under warranty. Bring it in. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,360 Posts
rp718 said:
My dash squaks so much it sounds like there's a family of mice living under it.
Get a cat......... or have the dealer fix it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
120 Posts
I have had this ticking noise from the drivers side door since day one. The dealer tightened things and used their squeak and rattle kit to stuff parts of the door and glue some things which fixed it for a while but it is back full force now. If I have my arm on the armrest it goes away. On certain bumps it sounds as if my door bangs against the frame. Maybe it is a hinge or something thats not right. I have 31,000 miles on my 2004 so lets see how much grief I get since I am well beyond the 12 month 12,000 mile adjustment period. The dealer has been great in the past but we shall see.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ticking noise fixed

After the 2nd attempt at the repair, the dealer has fixed the problem. I noticed that the noise would go away if I pulled on the door panel with the door closed. The tech put insulation (foam) in between the panel and the inner door skin. I road tested the car with the tech and did not hear the noise. Also didn't hear it on the drive home.

While the truck was in the first time, I also had them get rid of a squeak from the passenger front seat. They tightened the seat frame and that did the trick. Unfortunately, I now hear a very infrequent squeak from the 2nd row seats. I'm going to wait a while on that one as I don't hear it when the kids are sitting in the seats.

Overall I am happy with how they handled the problem. I know from first-hand experience that squeak and rattle diagnostics can be difficult.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
I had the door rattles and got the dealer to give me a roll of their felt tape. I took off the offending panels and put the tape around the edges. The rattles from the doors have been gone since. I've got an occasional 2nd row rattle but it's not to the extent that I can't ignore it so I'll let that one slide.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
66 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
Welcome.
My sunroof had a loose screw. Dealer tightened it and no rattle.
Steering wheel vibration sounds like you need the brake rotor and pad upgrade/replacement. All the things you are mentioning are easily fixed at the dealer in one day and covered under warranty. Bring it in. ;)
Hey, I just took a trip to Vegas in the GR8 White (my mada is white), and that sunroof noise annoyed the stuff out of me. I just saw this post, do you reccomend that I take it in, and does the dealers go around chasing down rattles. I also have the L/F window rattle when the window is slightly opened.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top