Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what part to get and/or how to access the filters under the seats for the cooling blower? I've had diminished air flow and am hoping it's just dirty filters. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
News to me too. Never heard of that. Is this true or is OP making a mistake?

·
Super Moderator
5,635 Posts
OK, I did some more research on this.

seems there IS such a filter!

it requires removing the "seatback board". the filter is attached directly to the climate controlled seat blower motor.

took a screenshot (pardon the quality)of the clips/pawls that need to be accessed to remove the seatback.

bear in mind this is for a 2012 qx. the 2017/18 armada should be the same.

EDIT: theres TWO filters per seat: one for the seatback (for your back) and one for the sleat cushion.

both are circular, according to the service manual exploded view.

so it seems , based on petites link, there's different designs.

since the armada and qx are based on the patrol and are made on the same line in japan, it makes compelling speculation that the filters are circular and not square.

since the op has an armada, op should contact nissan and ask for the part number for the seat cushion blower motor filter, and we can cross reference from there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
OK, I did some more research on this.

seems there IS such a filter!

it requires removing the "seatback board". the filter is attached directly to the climate controlled seat blower motor.

took a screenshot (pardon the quality)of the clips/pawls that need to be accessed to remove the seatback.

bear in mind this is for a 2012 qx. the 2017/18 armada should be the same.

EDIT: theres TWO filters per seat: one for the seatback (for your back) and one for the sleat cushion.

both are circular, according to the service manual exploded view.

so it seems , based on petites link, there's different designs.

since the armada and qx are based on the patrol and are made on the same line in japan, it makes compelling speculation that the filters are circular and not square.

since the op has an armada, op should contact nissan and ask for the part number for the seat cushion blower motor filter, and we can cross reference from there.
Where did you get the service manual? The links are no more available on nicoforum. Care to share?

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I have cleaned both filters when installed a seat massage.

They are not very dirty after 40 k miles, but shall be washed.

The replacement:

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Super Moderator
5,635 Posts
Xy,

were the panels on the back of the seats difficult to remove? what tool(s) did you use and would recommend.

what year is your car and how long have you had it if purchased used?

something else to think about is if the perforations in the seats are clogged. this can cause more issues with the seats ventilating than the filter.

·
Super Moderator
5,635 Posts
Xy,

were the panels on the back of the seats difficult to remove? what tool(s) did you use and would recommend.

something else to think about is if the perforations in the seats are clogged. this can cause more issues with the seats ventilating than the filter.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Xy,

1. There are 2 bolts on the bottom of the seat back and some pawls (see attached factory manual)
2. 2012 MY (it's a Patrol Y62, which was released in Europa 8 years before the the US Armada). But it is a quite changed one - Stage 3+ with 693 hp at the moment.
3. My seats are not clogged, but I have installed a massage system and additional lateral support, which

Attachments

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Super Moderator
5,635 Posts
ya i've got the factory manual--just wanted to ask you directly on how that whole process went. thanks for sharing. impressive mods bro!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hate to bring up an old thread but any way to get a pic of the part numbers for ventilated seat blower. Tried searching here to see about people adding the blower to non vented seats. I'm looking at buying a '19 now and it is hard to find one with vented seats. I'll try searching again but has anyone successfully done it? It would be pretty amazing if it could be installed by just removing the back plate as my q70 i had to remove the whole seat. I appreciate the help and I apologize if I completely missed a thread dealing with this. On a side note on my Q70 I've been running without a filter for quite some time without any clogging issues however the lower is on the bottom of the seat.

·
Super Moderator
5,635 Posts
you can get the service manual and find the part numbers that way, or choose an online site and get them. OR call the dealer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts