Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need help!! Not sure where to begin because of the series of events that has happened. Started off with replacing the spiral cable clock, which meant having to take off the old angle sensor and putting it on the new spiral cable. Did all that, then the spin, VDC, and airbag lights came on. I read where if you get it aligned, they have to reset the angle sensor. So, had it aligned Friday. The tech said he reset the sensor but the light came back on. I get it in and literally pull out of their parking lot, and all the lights go off. So, I'm thinking problem solved. Get about a mile down the road and take a right turn, when all of a sudden the "slip" light comes on and it starts making this winding, clicking sound. As soon as I started going straight, the "slip" light went off and no more problems. It lasted a total of 7 seconds. So, I kept going straight until I got to the next red light. Started videoing this time in case it happened again, and it did. Same exact thing. I was going about 10mph when it happened. As soon as the wheel as back straight, the slip light went off and no more problems or sounds. There are absolutely no other lights on the dash except for the low pressure in my tires light. It's been on for a year now. I've went ahead and ordered new TPMS for all 4 tires, because I read somewhere that the TPMS could be causing it. I'll try and get that done this weekend. In the mean time, every time I get in the Armada I turn off the VDC switch and it doesn't do anything as long as I don't try to turn to fast or hard. Then something kicks in and slows me down and makes a sound (felt like it was coming from the driver side front wheel area), but it's not the same sounds as before and no lights come on. Anyone have any idea where to start with this? I HOPE installing the new TPMS and having them reset will take the code off the dash and hopefully fix this issue, but I'm thinking it won't since the light has been on for a long time. Could they have done something when aligning it or is that just a coincidence that this didn't start until then? I've got a short videoing of the sounds it's making. It's in the next comment.

It's a 2010 Nissan Armada Titanium 2WD with 184,XXX miles.

Thank you!!

This will show the sound it made when turning and how fast the "Slip" light came on and went off.

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
If this was a new OE clockspring, it should’ve came dialed in; centered already. If by chance it wasn’t, dialing in the clockspring is done before installing it on the steering wheel angle sensor. I’ve changed it on my previous 04 and unfortunately, I had to replace the clockspring on my QX80 a couple weeks ago because of a careless mistake while replacing the steering wheel.

Reactions: marctronixx
1 - 3 of 3 Posts