Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one encounter this issue where the information display on the dash combination meter stop illuminating? everything (All other meters work just fine) works. I now can't see my current ODO reading etc. I'll send a picture as soon as I get off work.

This is what I mean.

20210213_073938.jpg

The bottom center information displays does not work. At one point this time last year while driving it turned bright orange then just died.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks like a faulty display. replacement is probably the only thing you can do.
seems like it. Stealerships wants $1387.67 for a replacement. They don't sell the combination meter by itself. I would have to but the entire assembly. But, I could buy the lens cover by itself.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
salvage yard is another option....
LOL...I'm still waiting for the first Armada to appear in my local junk yard. apparently none has made it to the metal grave yard yet. I guess where I'm at these beasts refuse to die. BTW... have you heard of the combination meter needing calibration after replacement/repair? I don't see it anywhere in the service manual.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Super Moderator
5,874 Posts
have not heard of the combo meter needing calibration. you may need to get the dealer to sync the mileage but thats about it.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because the information display is not working. How else can I check to find out what my current odometer reading is?

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
LOL...I'm still waiting for the first Armada to appear in my local junk yard. apparently none has made it to the metal grave yard yet. I guess where I'm at these beasts refuse to die. BTW... have you heard of the combination meter needing calibration after replacement/repair? I don't see it anywhere in the service manual.
They are rare at the junk yards and usually don't make it a day because the "pros" know they are rare and can get premium prices on resale sites for them.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are rare at the junk yards and usually don't make it a day because the "pros" know they are rare and can get premium prices on resale sites for them.
I'm sending mine out for repair service @ Automotive Circuit Solutions and add custom LED lights (what LED color would look better COOL WHITE,RED, BLUE ORANGE OR GREEN)? 179.99 + shipping includes customs LEDs. It beats a new one @ nissanpartsdeal.com for ~$750+ plus shipping and stealership for $1387.67. No need to sync my odometer.

I'm sending mine out for repair service @ Automotive Circuit Solutions and add custom LED lights (what LED color would look better COOL WHITE,RED, BLUE ORANGE OR GREEN)? 179.99 + shipping includes customs LEDs. It beats a new one @ nissanpartsdeal.com for ~$750+ plus shipping and stealership for $1387.67. No need to sync my odometer.
On another NOTE... I just bought this from them: Bypass Simulate SRS Airbag Emulator Simulator Resistor -Diagnostic Tool-
Good tool to test out Air Bag circuits. Got two @ $9.99 each plus shipping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts