Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have a 2010 QX56. The AC condenser fan simply will not run under any condition.
The most frustrating thing is when I run the self test the fan runs.

I am looking for any help I can get to either get this to toggle on and off like it should or simply run when the SUV is running.

I have tried to catch the fan running in several different scenarios.
  • HOT days before driving much
  • HOT days after driving and having the AC cool. Then sit idle and the fan is not running.
I am sure there are some interlocks to this and I feel that I have tested at each of them.

I’ll try anything at this point

Thank You!

·
Super Moderator
5,327 Posts
there are sensors to let the clutch fan know when to turn on. you may have a wiring /sensor fault or the fan itself may have some unknown fault.

are you getting any trouble codes at the obd port?

has it EVER worked? is this a recent purchase or have you had it for some time?

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
There is no code on the ODB, unfortunately.

It started in the fall. I have had the SUV for 4 years with no issues, until now.

I have not scanned the ECU, though. There isn’t a CEL. Maybe I’ll stop at Autozone and scan just to see.

·
Super Moderator
5,327 Posts
obd/ecu - same thing in my mind, so if no codes, you wont find any.

so next thing it could be wiring harnesses related (short, continuity ) or the fan itself needs replacing. clearly there is a sensor that is not signaling the fan to come on. that could be a BCM issue or , again , something like a fault in a wire harness. just speculation over the internet since none of us can see it happening in real time. problems like this are difficult to "diagnose" since you don't have any codes or a solid place to look.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Auto parts stores like Autozone, Advance, etc. won't be able to diagnose the issue with your truck. The pocket scanners they utilize only read basic DTCs.

If not the dealership, find a shop with a full range diagnostic tool that can read/diagnose the BCM and not just for OBD DTCs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts