Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been several posts about the Conti tires that come on our Armadas. I agree that they aren't very good tires, but most OEM tires are bottom of the line. When its time to replace the tires on my Armada they sure won't be the Contis. Some of the posts got me thinking about my experience with the OEM tires. I have had no problems with them. There is no tire shake, the steering wheel is smooth as silk. I haven't had uneven tire wear, and the tread still looks good. Look at the picture of my right front tire. It has a little over 24,000 miles on it and looks fine. Maybe I have been lucky, but I can't complain about the tires. When they need replacing I will probably put Michelin Cross Terrains on since I have had very good performance with them in the past.
I will also add that I haven't had any brake problems either. I bought my '04 Armada in March of '04, so it didn't have any of the updates. I did have the radio head replaced and the A/C idle problem fixed. (both TSBs) My A/C worked OK, but the new fan is much quiter than the original. I need to have the trailer wiring fix done. I haven't had any problem with it but it makes sense to get the extra protection.
We see mostly problems posted here, and that is to be expected. But there are many of us who haven't had the problems.
See attached photo of tire:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Right fromt feathering

I've got just over 10K miles on my Mada, and I have also experienced the "feathering" of the right front tire. Nothing else in the ride or steering would tell me that I have an alignment problem. Drives straight, doesn't pull, steering wheel straight, no vibration. But feathering yes, although it isn't that bad, but it is there. I just make sure I keep them rotated every 5K as to not have one tire that needs to be replaced prematurely. Now they will all go prematurely a little bit later.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.