Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who may be interested. Last week, I purchased a Vyncs OBD2 GPS tracking device for my '17 Armada (just as a toy). This thing is cool! The cost was $72.98 for the device and 1 year of service. There are no monthly subscription fees. I plugged this device in and registered my account and it has been tracking my car's movement every 180 seconds or so for several days now (there are options for a faster update rate). It's cool to see where I've been, etc. It also monitors the battery level, fuel level, gas mileage, odometer reading, emissions, fault codes, etc. Thus, I can check from my office if I need to get gas on the way home. Also, it supposedly will send me an email to my smartphone if my battery level falls below a threshold. It's supposed to be able to send you an email when maintenance is required but I don't see where you specify maintenance intervals in the smartphone app. Additionally, it's supposed to automagically detect outstanding vehicle recalls and notify you of these. For teenage drivers, you supposedly can setup driving zones and receive notifications if the car ever leaves the predetermined zone. Finally, it supposedly will notify you if your car ever moves without the ignition on (being towed). The one feature that I wish they included is a feature in the smartphone app that guides you to your car in a large parking lot. Something like a compass pointer. So far, the only negative I have found is that the support people are a little sensitive to criticism of their product. If you complain about something your just might get a terse response.

https://vyncs.poweredbyagnik.com/index.aspx?ref=MTYwNDU0NDQyMg==

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The Automatic one looks intriguing also. While the initial cost appears to be a little more, it looks like they have some cool smartphone automation capabilities. I may have to reevaluate after my 1 year is up.

·
Super Moderator
5,329 Posts
yeah the automatic pro is lifetime after the initial 130 dollar cost.

it can hook into alexa, IFTTT, and other suitable apps to alert you to things, and can also call out in the event of a crash. they also have a forum with customer support just a click away.

ive had this thing about 3 years now. it tell you your monthly driving report, how many times you applied your brakes hard, how your charging system works.. etc etc etc...

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah the automatic pro is lifetime after the initial 130 dollar cost.

it can hook into alexa, IFTTT, and other suitable apps to alert you to things, and can also call out in the event of a crash. they also have a forum with customer support just a click away.

ive had this thing about 3 years now. it tell you your monthly driving report, how many times you applied your brakes hard, how your charging system works.. etc etc etc...
Oh, dang it's on special on Amazon for $109. Hmmm...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts