Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Armada
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Armada that is a garage queen. It is 6 years old, but only has 23,000 on it. I do the oil/filter change at Nissan Dealer every 6 months, not because of the mileage but because of the time interval. Now for my question, the owner's manual recommends changing/flushing the coolant and replacing/flushing the brake fluid . Does anyone who uses their Armada for light service do the coolant and brake fluid flush? Have you ever replaced the brake fluid??
When I have the truck serviced, they check the anti-freeze and say it will protect down to 0* Also, when I asked them about what coolant they use, they say whatever they get in bulk. I think I feel safer with the older Nissan factory (or whatever they use) coolant than whatever bulk stuff the dealership buys. Thanks

·
Premium Member
411 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Armada
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Do you recommend the coolant change after just 23,000 miles, or is it because it is 6 years old? What about brake fluid?? This truck is really "like new" in fact my Wife says it still has the "new car" smell. Thanks again for your help

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
... Just because it's 6 years old. Again just because of time span not millage. Have the Brake fluid flushed on your next oil change.

It may be wise to use fuel stabilizer to keep the fuel from getting stale in the tank. On long (over 6 mos of garage use)

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Armada
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I will schedule that and the coolant system flush if they can use the Nissan coolant.

I use a fuel stabilizer (Sta-Bil Marine) and I also only use non-ethanol gas. It costs about 25 cents more per gallon, but I feel better using non-ethanol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts