Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Nissan Armada
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cooling system repairs completed today.
New radiator, thermostat and drive belt.
Radiator was leaking due to corrosion at the bottom from the debris trapped.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Holy cow, I don't think I've ever seen a radiator look like that. How many miles on your truck?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
My Maxima needed a new radiator at about 160K miles, when the upper tank cracked. It didn't look anything like this when we pulled it out. I don't think I've ever seen a radiator look like that. Maybe something tied to different weather? I'm in the southwest, so mostly warm and dry here. Where are you located? Maybe this is more of a snow / bad weather thing?

·
Registered
2010 Nissan Armada
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Maxima needed a new radiator at about 160K miles, when the upper tank cracked. It didn't look anything like this when we pulled it out. I don't think I've ever seen a radiator look like that. Maybe something tied to different weather? I'm in the southwest, so mostly warm and dry here. Where are you located? Maybe this is more of a snow / bad weather thing?
I’m in Calgary Alberta and the Armarda has spent all its life in Alberta.
It was sold new in Edmonton Alberta in 2010, had one owner before we got it used in September 2019.
It’s quite dusty here so that explains some of the blockages higher up but the debris at the bottom could be a number of causes but being damp a lot of the time would not help that’s for sure.
I’m from the UK and it’s a common thing to see due to the damp weather and leaves from tree’s being picked up.
Water cooled Porsche’s suffer with rotting radiators due to collecting debris, It’s recommended on services to clean them out.
I am going to try and clear the area out every summer moving forward so hopefully it doesn’t happen again.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Yep, that would do it. Don't get that problem here in SoCal....we're lucky to get any rain here!!

Where in the UK are you from? I was born in the London suburbs, in the Hounslow area. We immigrated when I was young, but we still own the family home in a town called Feltham (one street over from where Freddy Mercury used to live!!).

Keith

·
Registered
2010 Nissan Armada
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, that would do it. Don't get that problem here in SoCal....we're lucky to get any rain here!!

Where in the UK are you from? I was born in the London suburbs, in the Hounslow area. We immigrated when I was young, but we still own the family home in a town called Feltham (one street over from where Freddy Mercury used to live!!).

Keith
Another Expat 😀
I’m from Leicester.
Spent some time in and around London when I was younger as I have family who live in Croydon and they used to take us in to the city sightseeing.
This is our second time in Canada.
We came here in 2003 and went back in 2011, then came back last year.
Our family is all still in the UK.
Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts