Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running the Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT?

Your experience, miles, and use would be appreciated. I'm in the market and this is my #1 pick currently.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
155 Posts

Your experience, miles, and use would be appreciated. I'm in the market and this is my #1 pick currently.

Thanks
I have these on both my 'Madas. Had them installed on my 2013 since ~May 2018 and it's time for replacement. Bought another set for my 2011 just last year. You can expect ~40K on them, I don't drive in any other type of weather besides summer. So, I can't comment on too much on seasonal use. Beside that it gets pretty slick on wet roads. Dry pavement it really sticks. We mainly drive on pavement and highway. Ride wise its nice and quite.

Why I bought another SET... you may ask. Where I live there are NOT many choices on tire brands and size availability of brand models. You get what they have. I'm looking at KUMHO Road Venture AT51 and Yokohama Geolander G015. The only other ones available for me... I'm leaning on the KUMHO because of it's wet weather qualities. I hope this help a bit.

Reactions: OBXPatrol

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@toname how do they do on the wet pavement? I find that a lot of my towing ends up being in the rain for some reason.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
@toname how do they do on the wet pavement? I find that a lot of my towing ends up being in the rain for some reason.
I think in your towing situation with a lot of load in the back end you will do fine. Front traction on mine is great on wet pavement, but the back end (on mine) feels loose especialy in turns going up hill, where I live and no load in the back. On stop lights I tend to spin on wet pavement. As you know these beaset have a lot of torque, at the low end, but with weight on the back it will help alot. As thread wear decreases you will feel less traction when wet. Hope this help. Again coming from a non towing Beast to yours... I think you will do better.

I think in your towing situation with a lot of load in the back end you will do fine. Front traction on mine is great on wet pavement, but the back end (on mine) feels loose especialy in turns going up hill, where I live and no load in the back. On stop lights I tend to spin on wet pavement. As you know these beaset have a lot of torque, at the low end, but with weight on the back it will help alot. As thread wear decreases you will feel less traction when wet. Hope this help. Again coming from a non towing Beast to yours... I think you will do better.
These ar popular tires here where we have ONLY rainy and dry seasons. Tire store can't keep them on stock.

Reactions: OBXPatrol

·
Premium Member
6 Posts

Thanks
I have been running 305/55s on my stock 20s. I love them, they are great on the highway, in the rain and in the snow. They give just enough of a rugged look but maintains my ability to DRIVE it like I stole it. I think I have about 20k miles on them. They are probably 1/2 worn, but I drive them hard.
Armada 2.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts