Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the valves on my aftermarket wheeels and I plan on throwing on my OEM's back on for the winter. I do not plan on putting the sensors back on so I know the tire pressure light will be on and is gonna drive me crazy. How can i disable it for the winter and reconnect them once I put my 22's back on. TIA

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Black tape? :2cool:

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
There is no practical way to disable the light. You can't just remove a bulb because the indicator light is a LED on the circuit board of the gauge cluster. The receiver for the pressure sensors is also used for the keyless entry, so you can't do anything with it. There is nothing in the service manual that indicates that the tire pressure monitor system can be de-activated. So you have two choices; learn to live with the light on or install sensors in both sets of wheels.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
I put on new wheels with no sensors. The first time I drove, the light turned on. Then it turned off. Never came back again. It's been 9 months and 10k miles. No light. This has been the case with every other person I spoke to as well.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
It really only turns on for me on long trips, usually over an hour of continuous driving. I see it on average every 1000 miles. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts