Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Always wanted to do this.. two things generally stand in my way... a) I don't have the capacity in tooling, equipment, or time, and b) no local shop here would touch this job with a 10 foot pole.

Do you guys do installations at your shop? Louisiana wouldn't be a bad road trip :)

·
Vendor
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Always wanted to do this.. two things generally stand in my way... a) I don't have the capacity in tooling, equipment, or time, and b) no local shop here would touch this job with a 10 foot pole.

Do you guys do installations at your shop? Louisiana wouldn't be a bad road trip :)
No installs for me just not enough time, I'm to busy with the fulltime job and welding bpipes on the days off. There are several customers in your area and NC that have had headers installed. I know a guy in Virginia who has done several header installs. Best thing to do is make a post on here and Titantalk.com and ask for a installer in your area.

As far as tools it does not take a lot of speciality stuff. All you need is a floor jack and jack stands, 14mm sockets, wrenchs and extensions thats about it. A 14mm ratcheting wrench is my #1 tool with this header job. 2wd's are not that horrible but the 4wd can be a little of a pain with the extra stuff in the way. What a difference the Stage 1 or 2 makes in power without loosing any mpg... :)

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
No installs for me just not enough time, I'm to busy with the fulltime job and welding bpipes on the days off. There are several customers in your area and NC that have had headers installed. I know a guy in Virginia who has done several header installs. Best thing to do is make a post on here and Titantalk.com and ask for a installer in your area.

As far as tools it does not take a lot of speciality stuff. All you need is a floor jack and jack stands, 14mm sockets, wrenchs and extensions thats about it. A 14mm ratcheting wrench is my #1 tool with this header job. 2wd's are not that horrible but the 4wd can be a little of a pain with the extra stuff in the way. What a difference the Stage 1 or 2 makes in power without loosing any mpg... :)
I have thought this through and I am not going to do it myself.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
A 14mm ratcheting wrench is my #1 tool
I did this myself last year. Took about 8-9 hours total. It is a pretty straightforward job - as in not complicated. It is just a tight space to work in. If I had a lift and everything was accessible it would probably take an hour or two without stuck or broken nuts/bolts.

A 14mm flex head ratcheting wrench was absoutley my #1 tool. #2 tool is every extension and swivel adapter I own.

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Installed JBA headers, Cajun B-Pipes and UPREV this month. Truck is running amazing with gobs more power and torque. Thank you Jeff at Cajun!

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
I have an 06 Armada in California. Installing JBA shorties. I notice you recommend OEM gaskets for your kits. Should I use OEM gaskets with the shorties? Do I need to make any modifications to the headers if I use OEM gaskets. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
I have an 06 Armada in California. Installing JBA shorties. I notice you recommend OEM gaskets for your kits. Should I use OEM gaskets with the shorties? Do I need to make any modifications to the headers if I use OEM gaskets. Thanks for the help.
Absolutely use the OEM gaskets! No modifications needed. Jeff gives the OEM gasket part numbers on his website:
You will need to purchase two Nissan manifold gaskets part #14036-7S001 and four b-pipe gaskets #20692-65J00

There will be some gaskets that come along in the JBA kit... those go directly into the trash can.

You are going to have to do the UpRev tune as well, but that cost is part of the Cajun package from Jeff.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
tchjts1,

Thanks for the reply. I am in California and I WISH I could legally go long tube but my only legal option is the shorty JBA headers. I don't think Cajun offers a package with the shortys. I noticed the recommendation on their website to use the OEM gaskets and wondered if it would apply to the shortys also. From what you have said, it sounds like they dont modify the long tube JBA for the OEM gasket so I shouldn't need to do anything to the shortys.

I had the understanding that with the shorty headers I dont need an UpRev tune. Please correct me if I am misinformed.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Yeah, California is a bummer. I lived out there for 17 years. I'm in PA now and just did the shorties with the long tubes.

I'm not familiar with all the combinations that can be achieved, so I can't give you further advice, but Jeff at Cajun will happily answer all your questions. Give him a call or text him and ask him to call you back. He is often in the shop welding and doesn't always answer, but he is sure to get back to you. His number is 318-347-6157. That is also his texting number.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts