Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right place for this subject, but have any of you guys ever test driven a QX56 with the adaptive crusie control? Well if you are like me then you are wondering what is adaptive crusie control? Well adaptive crusie control is when you set your cruise to a certain speed it senses and maintains the distance between you and the car in front of you. For example you just got on the highway and you set your cruise control at 70MPH and as you are going down the road someone merges on in front of you driving 55MPH, well with adaptive crusie control your SUV will drop your speed to 55MPH as to maintain the distance between you and the guy who just pulled out. And let's say for the sake argument, that the left lane is now clear in front of you, so you decide to past him, well as soon as you get in the left lane your speed will resume to 70MPH automatically, and you never had to hit the brakes or touch the gas. Now is that sweet or what? I was blown away. Maybe I live a sheltered life but I never knew such technology existed. But now the question is could we add this feature to our Armada's? If anyone has any insight please pass it on. I've got to have it, becuase nothing burns me up more than getting your cruise set up and have to take it right off becuase some Sunday driver pulls out in front of you. Just thought I would share.

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
The Beast said:
Does anybody know whether or not the adaptive cruise control that comes on the QX can be added to the Armada?
I don't know if it can be added, but if it can it would be expensive. You will have to install the forward looking sensors, wiring, a new BCM, many other changes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts