Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a QX in traffic this morning, and noticed the dashboard around the nav screen was quite a bit different than the standard NAV cowl in the Mada.

Does anyone have pics of the QX dash with NAV? I am looking to install a NAV screen and am wondering if the housings for these are interchangable. I like the look of the QX cowl, since it surrounds the screen more, and makes it look alot more integrated into the dashboard.

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From the looks of the pics, the QX version just has a higher cowl around the screen... everything else looks very similar. I can't imagine that the underlying dash pieces would be very different, and the fittings should be identical unless they changed them on purpose.

I would love to get the cowl from the qx to install into the armada with a screen. It's just a cleaner look, more integrated appearance.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
It won't work. The benzel is one piece that surrounds the monitor and extends back to the windshield. On the QX the part that goes under the windshield is round so unless you are good at putting round objects in a square hole it can't be done.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
llajumpvid said:
It won't work. The benzel is one piece that surrounds the monitor and extends back to the windshield. On the QX the part that goes under the windshield is round so unless you are good at putting round objects in a square hole it can't be done.

Hahahha, that was funny! Yeah that and there are other differences as well, regarding the hazard button, clock, and some other small items that would have to be modified or moved around.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah... I finally got a good look at one and you're absolutely right about the round vs. square dash piece.

So far, my biggest issue is there are no dash cover replacements on the market that have a double din opening and ALSO have the ATC screen opening in them. I guess the '06 version just isn't being made yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.