Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm just looking for some opinions here. What do you guys think looks better, the Molded Dash kits or the Flat dash kits? BTW I recently got a flat chrome dash kit form Autoaccessorystore.com. AVOID THESE GUYS!!!. Not only did they send me a poorly done dash kit, the F****** 3M does not stick. I mean the stuff looks old as dirt. It seem like they have not Quality assurance or Quality control on their products prior to shipping. To make matters worse their customer service was terrible. After sending me a bad product they want to charge me a 25% re-stocking fee if I choose to get a refund. My only other option is exchange but who's to say that I won't get another kit with bad 3M. Their customer service actually suggested that I use Krazy glue to stick the pieces to my new armada. I think I might just take the hit with the 25% and just order a molded kit from a more reputable company. Once again do you guys think the molded kits look better than the flat kits and are they worth the extra bucks.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Not cheap

but I bought both the Woodview and Sherwood and cherry picked the pieces. The molded pieces are nicer for around the speedo housing and and shifter/center glove box. One has chrome highlight pieces for the radio housing and the other has a better chrome shifter gate.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I thought the Burtman and other real wood kits were flat only?

Aren't all the molded kits simulated?

I've gone back and forth on this, but after seeing the molded pieces. I think I like the molded better ( even if it may be fake ).

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
My molded is both

I think it is Woodview but its been a year. I have the brushed aluminum. The molded pieces are fake and the flat ones are real.

All the Sherwood pieces I used with it are fake.

·
Banned
1,215 Posts
BEEFTEK said:
Hey guys I'm just looking for some opinions here. What do you guys think looks better, the Molded Dash kits or the Flat dash kits? BTW I recently got a flat chrome dash kit form Autoaccessorystore.com. AVOID THESE GUYS!!!. Not only did they send me a poorly done dash kit, the F****** 3M does not stick. I mean the stuff looks old as dirt. It seem like they have not Quality assurance or Quality control on their products prior to shipping. To make matters worse their customer service was terrible. After sending me a bad product they want to charge me a 25% re-stocking fee if I choose to get a refund. My only other option is exchange but who's to say that I won't get another kit with bad 3M. Their customer service actually suggested that I use Krazy glue to stick the pieces to my new armada. I think I might just take the hit with the 25% and just order a molded kit from a more reputable company. Once again do you guys think the molded kits look better than the flat kits and are they worth the extra bucks.

Thanks
Ouch, sorry about your experience. Crazy glue, that's a new one, hehe.

Yes, I can get you a molded kit and yes they come in simulated wood and still look GREAT.

Shoot me an email from my sig and I'll send you some pics.

·
SHIFT_Moderator
13,201 Posts
Wow you sure know how to wake the dead! :p

http://www.burtmanindustries.com/list.php?year=2006
Real Red Burl Kit 2005-2007 Nissan Armada $550.00 $299.99
Real Carbon Fiber Kit 2005-2007 Nissan Armada $550.00 $299.99
Wood Steering Wheel 2004-2007 Nissan Armada $650.00 $349.00
Aluminum Dash kit 2005-2007 Nissan Armada $450.00 $249.99

·
Banned
1,215 Posts
ezemaxima said:
How much for the molded dash kit? What other color options is available?
The above pic is pretty much it, the molded only comes in synthetic wood. The kits we show on the site and the Real wood, flat, which many like since in person it's almost 3D. SHoot me an email for more info.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
BlakSpyda said:
Wow you sure know how to wake the dead! :p

http://www.burtmanindustries.com/list.php?year=2006
Real Red Burl Kit 2005-2007 Nissan Armada $550.00 $299.99
Real Carbon Fiber Kit 2005-2007 Nissan Armada $550.00 $299.99
Wood Steering Wheel 2004-2007 Nissan Armada $650.00 $349.00
Aluminum Dash kit 2005-2007 Nissan Armada $450.00 $249.99
I noticed that last night before making my post but I've been checking wensites and most of them indicate that the product in no longer available...

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Jason B said:
The above pic is pretty much it, the molded only comes in synthetic wood. The kits we show on the site and the Real wood, flat, which many like since in person it's almost 3D. SHoot me an email for more info.
email sent......

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
My search led me to these 2 sites... very pricy but its nice!!!!

First one is Autodynamicswest.com

A package for Nissan Armada in real Carbon fiber will cost $2395 plus shipping and core deposits. But a hydrographics finish, just like the OEM finish will cost $895 but will involve sending parts out of your vehicle. Not sure if their kit comes with the steering wheel and shifter....

The second is APSIS

Their 14 pcs deluxe kit is $1995 plus refundable core charge of $550 but only have it for the 04-05 but they can laminate wood on your 06-07 core and lead time is about 4 weeks or they can cut out their current supply but you need to send them your stock part as a template for cutting. Steering wheel is $495 plus $150 core, shifter knob is $250 plus $50 core.

Here's some pics from APSIS

·
Banned
1,215 Posts
Yes, I can get you those kits above. My price is much better, but still s fortune. I'd still say, check out the flat kit we sell in real wood on our website. For the price, it looks unreal.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts