Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i finally finished with the rear predator bar. It wasn't easy but we got it done after a long long time. Thank you Matt and David.

Attachments

Reactions: SRN and marctronixx

·
Registered
28 Posts
Where did you get it from? What made it hard? Did you have to do a lot of trimming of the Predator bumper because of the Armada's tow bar? Does it have the option for a spare tire swing out?
I've been contemplating bringing in a Kaymar rear bumper, but man they are pricey! And I'd love to know how the Armada tow bar causes issues for Patrol bumpers.

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to make you understand a bit the Armada frame is different from the Patrol so in a nutshell I had to cut the frame and make a new one to accommodate the rear bar. The Armada tow bar is built in the frame the Patrol uses a regular tow hitch. So if you decide to get one think about this you will need a Patrol bumper cover so you could cut it. Second you will need to built a new rear frame and then you will need to get a frame hitch.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just to make you understand a bit the Armada frame is different from the Patrol so in a nutshell I had to cut the frame and make a new one to accommodate the rear bar. The Armada tow bar is built in the frame the Patrol uses a regular tow hitch. So if you decide to get one think about this you will need a Patrol bumper cover so you could cut it. Second you will need to built a new rear frame and then you will need to get a frame hitch.
Do you have pictures of what you've done to the frame? I have read that the frame horns are longer on the Armada but I haven't found any pictures or specs showing by how much. Are you saying that you cut the tow bar completely out?
I'm no stranger to custom fab work, but so few people seem to have put front or rear bumpers on these that it'd be great to see what others have done just to get an idea.
So did you order the bumper directly from DASH in Australia? I know that Nisstec in Denver was working on becoming a distributor for them, but last I checked they were not taking orders for DASH stuff yet. And where did you get the Patrol bumper cover?

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got both from Australia and yes I can send you pictures. PS for the front. They are going to have a bumper for the Armada.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got both from Australia and yes I can send you pictures. PS for the front. They are going to have a bumper for the Armada.
If you want to PM me the pictures of the frame modifications, that'd be great!

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you want to PM me the pictures of the frame modifications, that'd be great!
I did ad them to original post

Reactions: SRN

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts