Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took my truck today to the nissan dealer to get my rotors replaced and my brakepads, there is way too much brake dust, i purchased the truck in early april and have 4,210 miles on it, the dealer told me today that they cannot replace the rotors and the pads because i already have the updated rotors and pads, i told them that i get excessive brake dust and they told me it happens :confused: who should i call or what should i do??? help please this brake dust issue is really starting to annoy me have to clean the wheels every time i drive the truck :mad:

thanks

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Prove it to them.

armagdn said:
i took my truck today to the nissan dealer to get my rotors replaced and my brakepads, there is way too much brake dust, i purchased the truck in early april and have 4,210 miles on it, the dealer told me today that they cannot replace the rotors and the pads because i already have the updated rotors and pads, i told them that i get excessive brake dust and they told me it happens :confused: who should i call or what should i do??? help please this brake dust issue is really starting to annoy me have to clean the wheels every time i drive the truck :mad:

thanks
Take the wheels off and take some pics of the rotors. The new ones and the old ones look different, but you have to take the wheels off. Refer to these links:

http://www.mossyperformance.com/rotor1.jpg
http://www.mossyperformance.com/rotor2.jpg

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
armagdn said:

thanks
I've got the fix bro and brake dust is no issue. Your dealer is high crack go to a different one ASAP. Do you have judder? If not I wonder if they put on some low dollar pads or something. Is it front and rear?

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
both front and rear, so should i take it to the dealer that i purchased the car from? what if they tell me the same thing.
thanks guys for the help

·
Premium Member
497 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i also forggot to ask, when i go to the other dealer should i let them know that i took it to a diffrent dealer to try to get the brakes fixed?
thankyou

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Here's my conversation with the dealer.

I'm having problems with the brakes. They feel funny and are dusty.
(they were dusty)
Did you have this problem before?
No
Did we try fixing it before?
No
OK, we'll replace them with new parts.
Complain a little louder next time. They feel wobbly and I can't take it anymore. I think they may be dangerous. ;)
No, they don't check if you've been to other dealers. They don't even check to see if you've been there.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so i took the armada to a diffrent nissan dealer 8am sat, told them im having brake problems and its starting to squeek and shake at the brake peddal and steering wheel, i said i dont eel comfortable driving it like this, so he said okay we'll take care of it for you, he calls me 12:30 pm and tells me the truck is done new front rotors resurfaced rear and new pads all around. i havent driven the truck much yet to see any dust today though i will find out, thanks again fellas for your help :D
i appeciate it

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
armagdn said:
so i took the armada to a diffrent nissan dealer 8am sat, told them im having brake problems and its starting to squeek and shake at the brake peddal and steering wheel, i said i dont eel comfortable driving it like this, so he said okay we'll take care of it for you, he calls me 12:30 pm and tells me the truck is done new front rotors resurfaced rear and new pads all around. i havent driven the truck much yet to see any dust today though i will find out, thanks again fellas for your help :D
i appeciate it
Way to go bro. Soon as the dealer starts thinking lawsuit its amazing how much help you can get!! :2cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.