Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering trading my 04 LE for an 05 LE with all the same options (including Nav/Tech/DVD package). Can anyone tell me what diferences (I'm assuming they were mostly cosmetic) there were in the o4 to 05 models? How about changes in the 06's? The dealer told me they dont have any o6's yet and wont get them until Sept., I may wait if o6 is going to offer anything substantial.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
the brakes are better the rattles are not as bad. but i think i'd wait until the 06 dropped

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
If you are thinking of trading in, I would suggest to wait till 06 to show up. It might have better and more standard features that you might enjoy. :)

Just my $0.02.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
'05 added optional back up camera available with tech package. V8 badging added to the sides. Pathfinder badge dropped. Dash finish changed. Common problems like weak roof console bracket, window switch, etc. fixed in '05. Red Brawn added as a new color, Sedona dropped. That's about it. I haven't heard from anyone yet if there are any changes for '06 vs. '05. Only things I would like are HID headlights, air lockers(fat chance), diesel (slated for Titans next year or year after), air vents in seats(I live in Florida), and locking gas cap. ;)

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
The Nissan report I was reading stated that the 06 only has minor interior changes....so this would definitely not include HID's or any kind of exterior body changes.

The differences between 04 and 05 are:
-Power mirror button changed
-Front seats have been changed (little better leather, different headrests, and basically 04 Q56 seats)
-Backup camera added
-Carbon fiber/ brushed aluminum dash trim added
-Temp/ compass moved from mirror to over head console
-And of course a lot of the small bugs/ TSB's for the 04 have been fixed

I was also considering doing the change but the hit I would take cost wise would be completely idiotic. I can add ALL of the things changed in 05 plus get rims and aftermarket goodies with the money I would save by not making the switch. :D

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok guys, I went and pulled the trigger yesterday. Traded my o4 black LE for an 05 Smoke Grey (I think thats what its called, charcoal color). Main reason I did it because my 04 was in a bad accident about 6 months ago, and I've been having not stop electrical problems, and a handful of transmission line problems. Got tired of dealing with it and a long trip planned next week didnt want to get stuck again. Differences I've noticed so far besides what is listed in the other posts:

1.Pasenger arm rest does not "lock or step" in different locations, its now all up or all down.

2.Glove box now has some type of elastic strap to slow it down so it doesnt slam

3.carpeting seems to be a better grade

4.REAR VIEW camera is awesome

5.THere is now a notation on the stereo about holding down the "rear AV" button for DVD mode

6.Definitely less squeeks, they must have added additional sound deadening because the vehicle is quieter

7.on my window sticker the vehicle shows a tow rating of 9000 lbs, I'm sure my 04 was rated for 9100 lbs. The dealer told me it is because of an extra 100 lbs of sound material that was added to the car.

8.I was told that the rear now holds more oil than in the 04's (salesman didn't seem real confident about that one, so I dont know if its true)

9.All TSB's are corrected, and new brakes

10.big "V8" on doors

Other than that it seems the same (GREAT!!). I'll also note that I had a REALLY bad experience at the dealership, to the point that I was screaming like a madman after a half hour of being lied to. THe salesman tried to sneak a $2000 rebate into the deal without telling me about it. When I started reading over all the paperwork, I saw that the sale price of the car was inflated by $2000, and they were taking the rebate themselves (it was a wash to me beased on the price quoted). When I asked about it the salesman got VERY nervous and tried to back talk his way out of it etc, telling me it was an honest mistake blah blah blah. I told him I wanted to talk to his boss who came out after about 15 minutes (the salesman was explaining the situation to him). The manager came out and apologized, asked what it would take to prevent me from writing to the newspaper and the attorney generals office (which I had threatened), and wrote the deal properly. I was really really pissed at how blatant this guy was in trying to steal $2k from me. Anyway, I ended up with a really good deal and now have the 05 to drive. The last thing the salesman said to me was about the Nissan sales experience card that I was going to get because it really affects them, I told him I would fill it out properly, dont worry about it, I'll fill it out honestly!!!

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
dmarmada04le said:
Ok guys, I went and pulled the trigger yesterday. Traded my o4 black LE for an 05 Smoke Grey (I think thats what its called, charcoal color). Main reason I did it because my 04 was in a bad accident about 6 months ago, and I've been having not stop electrical problems, and a handful of transmission line problems. Got tired of dealing with it and a long trip planned next week didnt want to get stuck again. Differences I've noticed so far besides what is listed in the other posts:

1.Pasenger arm rest does not "lock or step" in different locations, its now all up or all down.

2.Glove box now has some type of elastic strap to slow it down so it doesnt slam

5.THere is now a notation on the stereo about holding down the "rear AV" button for DVD mode

6.Definitely less squeeks, they must have added additional sound deadening because the vehicle is quieter

7.on my window sticker the vehicle shows a tow rating of 9000 lbs, I'm sure my 04 was rated for 9100 lbs. The dealer told me it is because of an extra 100 lbs of sound material that was added to the car.

8.I was told that the rear now holds more oil than in the 04's (salesman didn't seem real confident about that one, so I dont know if its true)

10.big "V8" on doors

Other than that it seems the same (GREAT!!). I'll also note that I had a REALLY bad experience at the dealership, to the point that I was screaming like a madman after a half hour of being lied to. THe salesman tried to sneak a $2000 rebate into the deal without telling me about it. When I started reading over all the paperwork, I saw that the sale price of the car was inflated by $2000, and they were taking the rebate themselves (it was a wash to me beased on the price quoted). When I asked about it the salesman got VERY nervous and tried to back talk his way out of it etc, telling me it was an honest mistake blah blah blah. I told him I wanted to talk to his boss who came out after about 15 minutes (the salesman was explaining the situation to him). The manager came out and apologized, asked what it would take to prevent me from writing to the newspaper and the attorney generals office (which I had threatened), and wrote the deal properly. I was really really pissed at how blatant this guy was in trying to steal $2k from me. Anyway, I ended up with a really good deal and now have the 05 to drive. The last thing the salesman said to me was about the Nissan sales experience card that I was going to get because it really affects them, I told him I would fill it out properly, dont worry about it, I'll fill it out honestly!!!

Congratulation on the new MADA. :) I can't believe you have to go through the similar experience in order to get a deal on the MADA. :pullout: Why can't they make this car selling thing a lot easier ?
Anyhow, the new camera on the tech package is A PLUS for me (and my wife). Since the truck is so big, it is usually to have an extra "eye" at the back of the truck.
Enjoy it. !!!

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
drcookie said:
Anyhow, the new camera on the tech package is A PLUS for me (and my wife). Since the truck is so big, it is usually to have an extra "eye" at the back of the truck.
Enjoy it. !!!
The camera is great for me with lining up the trailer hitch on my boat, used to be a major pain in and out of the car to get it lined up. Last night I tried it and drove right up, I love it!!

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
dmarmada04le said:

10.big "V8" on doors

If you don't mind me asking....what kinda hit did you take on the trade? I went there to see how things would work out and my monthly payments were basically going to go up another $100 bucks or so....which wasn't worth it to me considering the CRAP load of money I put down on my 04. If anything I might wait to do the swap when the 06 is released....or trade it in for an 05 M45! (DROOOOL) :D

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
dmarmada04le said:
The camera is great for me with lining up the trailer hitch on my boat, used to be a major pain in and out of the car to get it lined up. Last night I tried it and drove right up, I love it!!
Yeah, I can actually see the ball in my camera. Makes backing up to a trailer a breeze. ;)

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got $34K for my Armada, sticker on the 05 was $48250, invoice was right around $43,5000. I got the $2000 rebate so I ended up having to write a check for approx. $7500 because I owned my 04 outright. Vehicle had almost 30k on it so I think I didn't do to bad especially considering the accident the vehicle was in.

ps:also noticed three other differences last night

1.Light for the passenger side airbag is now different

2.Garage door opener buttons are different

3.Improved HVAC control on one of the dials, dial is different and operates in a more efficient maner.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
dmarmada04le said:
I got $34K for my Armada, sticker on the 05 was $48250, invoice was right around $43,5000. I got the $2000 rebate so I ended up having to write a check for approx. $7500 because I owned my 04 outright. Vehicle had almost 30k on it so I think I didn't do to bad especially considering the accident the vehicle was in.

ps:also noticed three other differences last night

1.Light for the passenger side airbag is now different

2.Garage door opener buttons are different

3.Improved HVAC control on one of the dials, dial is different and operates in a more efficient maner.
25 cents a mile? Good deal. :D

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Which dealer was this, i have an 04, with 14k mls, fully loaded, except Navigation, won't mine trying a trade @ your dealer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts