Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! New to the site but have been checking it out for a month or so and very much appreciate everyones info on here! It has helped me along so much being a new SE 4x4 Off Road owner!

I hope that all of you will take a look at my Armada (see pics) and let me know what you think! I have it like I like it which is my style and used in my business. I own and operate a commercial hunting operation in SC. My Armada has done well so far and i look forward to many years of use out of her!

First thing i did was take the running boards off! I think it looks so much better this way as well as funtions so much better for me! The running boards were always picking up sticks in the woods!
I have the roof rack, grille guard, ATS fender flares, (unpainted like i wanted) and Camo Clad on it in Mossy Oak Forest Floor.
I like the truck and it rides so well and handles better than i had hoped in the woods and pulls REALLY well in the mud, especially with BFG's all the way around it!

ANyway, glad to be a part of this and let me hear from you!
Talk @ you soon!
RG (Waccamaw)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
VERY different and NICE! That's an amazing Armada! It's good to see how people tune their Armada to so many different looks and styles

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for your input!

Thanks for all your input! I am glad that most of you feel the same way as i do about the way it looks!
I have seen this camo on other trucks that are not WHITE as someone put it but, it does not show up or look as good. I like it the way it is and would not put it on a colored truck as it would not stand out as well! This is why i bought a WHITE one to begin with.
I am interested in the prg mini lift as SilverQShip suggested but do not know about them nor where to find them!
I thougt about doing the flares in the camo as well but cannot make up my mind on that. I know it would look good but everyone i talk to says the black blends in with the other black pieces on the truck. Time will tell what i do on that one! YOu will get new pics if i do!
Hey SPTDDOG, you should do it that way! It looks so good and gets even more attention that it did before!
Ya'll be good and will holler @ you soon!

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Waccamaw said:
Thanks for all your input! I am glad that most of you feel the same way as i do about the way it looks!
I have seen this camo on other trucks that are not WHITE as someone put it but, it does not show up or look as good. I like it the way it is and would not put it on a colored truck as it would not stand out as well! This is why i bought a WHITE one to begin with.
I am interested in the prg mini lift as SilverQShip suggested but do not know about them nor where to find them!
I thougt about doing the flares in the camo as well but cannot make up my mind on that. I know it would look good but everyone i talk to says the black blends in with the other black pieces on the truck. Time will tell what i do on that one! YOu will get new pics if i do!
Hey SPTDDOG, you should do it that way! It looks so good and gets even more attention that it did before!
You can get the lift kit from PrerunnerGreg here:
http://www.prerunners.com/titan/
He may not have the Armada kit listed, but you can give him a call. He is a super guy to deal with.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Waccamaw said:
Nice! Ditto on the camo fender flairs,brush guard, maybe the mirrors, B pillars (behind the front door) and the trophy rack (top carrier) good in camo too! Also, I have been looking at the stock roof rack, I think you can remove the covers and you could camo that too. The only thing that matched those was the running boards and they're gone (as long as you don't consider the grey wheels too much of a match).

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Waccamaw said:
Hey everyone! New to the site but have been checking it out for a month or so and very much appreciate everyones info on here! It has helped me along so much being a new SE 4x4 Off Road owner!

I hope that all of you will take a look at my Armada (see pics) and let me know what you think! I have it like I like it which is my style and used in my business. I own and operate a commercial hunting operation in SC. My Armada has done well so far and i look forward to many years of use out of her!

First thing i did was take the running boards off! I think it looks so much better this way as well as funtions so much better for me! The running boards were always picking up sticks in the woods!
I have the roof rack, grille guard, ATS fender flares, (unpainted like i wanted) and Camo Clad on it in Mossy Oak Forest Floor.
I like the truck and it rides so well and handles better than i had hoped in the woods and pulls REALLY well in the mud, especially with BFG's all the way around it!

ANyway, glad to be a part of this and let me hear from you!
Talk @ you soon!

RG (Waccamaw)
hey man nice truck, i couldn't see the bottom of it though :D did you keep your running boards? i'm in the market for a drivers side board. also what steps did you take to remove it? i think i kind of like it without myself.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Howdy!

Howdy all!
Just a quick note to let everyone know that i am almost finished putting the camo on the fender flares as some of you suggested! i was debating whether or not to do it but after doing one side, i can see where it gives it a great "flow!"
I will have pics soon!!

To answer armadabrotha, i did take off the running boards as i was getting sticks and crap hung up in them all the time. I like them off. It was nothing to do! I just took it to my local oil changing place and they took out a few bolts for me while it was on the lift and that was it! I have all the hardware and running boards stored if i need them later. Who knows!

Thanks for your post Valerie! Looking at yours is like mine, only different!
Talk @ you all soon!

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Hoooo! Highly demented!

Outrageous mods! I don't know if that truck is unique with the camo and all, but it's sure a leader in the off-road direction.

How are the BFGs working for you? I'm about to buy some (going through some rocky roads in Baja) and I'd like your input. I have 18's - are yours 17 or 18-inch wheels?

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
New Camo Fender Flares!

Ok Folks-
As promised, here are the pics of my Armada with the camo fender flares done! I liked it black as well and my wife did too but we are both convinced that the camo gives it a nice "flow".
Please enjoy and give up your input!

Hey FRED VEE, I like the BFG's and they are working well for me. I hope to get a 2" mini lift by the end of the year and get some bigger tires on there, preferably some Dayton's, like i have on my Chevy pick up. Oh, those are 17" wheels i have on my Mada.

Take care and please keep the input coming Ya'll!
Have a great weekend everyone!
:D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.