Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2005 Nissan Armada that has a whole bunch of swirl marks, bird poop, and Water marks.what do I do?

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
Wash with a good detailing soap. Consider wet sanding if the paint is really bad. If not, clay bar, then polish, then wax / ceramic coat. I like to use the products from Chemical Guys. They have a bunch of great videos on-line to help as well.

Going to do a deep detail on my Tesla this weekend. But it's in pretty good condition already, so only planning to clay bar, polish, and put a ceramic coating on. Looking forward to doing it.

Keith

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Try these guys' channels out:

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Those are probably mineral deposits. Regular washing won't get rid of that. Maybe try some diluted vinegar with the car in the shade and the paint cool to the touch.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Then where did the swirl marks come from?
The most common source of swirls is from your washing and drying technique and procedures. I couldn't really see the swirl marks but could see the whitish deposits that appear to be mineral deposits.

Nobody can tell you in a 2-3 paragraph forum post how to solve all those problems. Youtube and Google are your friends. You are going to need to do some research if you want to learn to tackle these problems yourself. Or you can take it to a professional detailer and have the paint corrected.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You can also do car washing at home:

Rinse the car to remove loose dirt.
Use two buckets, one for the cleaning solution and the other for clean water.
Start at the top, and work your way down.
Rinse, and dry the car.
Feel the surface, consider using a clay bar if needed.
Wax your car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts