Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep randomly getting a disc error on my navigation screen. Is it just dirty? Do I use one of those cd cleaner disc's to fix it? Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
I pulled my Nav dvd player and blew out with computer "air duster", once i verified it was getting power (would load and eject no problem). Cleaned the disk first, then eventually pulled seat and player and cleaned it with air duster (use the bottled stuff, not your air compressor in your garage). There's also a ground wire there on the mounting bolt of the player, cleaned it as well, no effect....once i blew it out with air, it spun the disk and played no problem!!
Had to do a Airbag light reset once all back together. Also did the seat tilt mod, while seat was out (this is totally worth doing, waaaay better seating position).

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Seat mod I referred to is a sticky in "how to" section. LInk is below. It changes seating angle of the seat bottom so that it tilts back about an inch more since the stock setting has the front seats angled forward so much I felt like i was always being dumped off the front of them. good mod to do (stilll plenty of adjustment to tilt forward). does not compromise safety either.

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3173

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
thanks for Tip. I do get power, as it works off an on. will try to blow it out.

DE

I pulled my Nav dvd player and blew out with computer "air duster", once i verified it was getting power (would load and eject no problem). Cleaned the disk first, then eventually pulled seat and player and cleaned it with air duster (use the bottled stuff, not your air compressor in your garage). There's also a ground wire there on the mounting bolt of the player, cleaned it as well, no effect....once i blew it out with air, it spun the disk and played no problem!!
Had to do a Airbag light reset once all back together. Also did the seat tilt mod, while seat was out (this is totally worth doing, waaaay better seating position).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts