Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opinions WANTED!
Do you guys/Gals think that it is TOO much chrome for the front? I was thinking about taking my E&G Chrome Grille off....what do ya'll think?
:hmm:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I want one. I just want to find out if Chrome finish or polished more closely matches the chrome on the bumper, etc. I also want to combine with the Stainless Steel bug shield. I want it to have a homogenous look, not look liek its a patchwork of dissimilar parts.
:2cool:

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
It's all a matter of taste. And that varies widely, as we all know. No one has the inside track on this. My SE Offroad came with the chrome lower grill and painted upper.

At first I thought it looked odd, because my Armada was different from "all the other kids at school." I found one guy on an Internet board who wanted to trade a chrome upper for my Galaxy Black painted one. I almost made the trade. Then I realized that different was cool.

Yesterday, an Armada SE Offroad came up behind me as I was driving on the Interstate. As I saw it approaching in the rear view mirror, I realized I had never seen my grill style out on the highway before. I liked it. I ain't trading!

So, if you like chrome, or stainless, billet, painted body color, or some other grill, go for it. Variety is the spice of life. Blend or make your own personal statement.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TRUE, TRUE.
You are right, BUT...UH....mmmm......do you like the way my grille looks?

I get caught up in what others think of me....well what they think of my car in this case. I just don't want to look stupid. :(

I hear what you're saying TRIPLE.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I personally think its too much chrome

an SE with the chrome grill inserts is not to bad

I got the brushed look on my SE, but my wheels are charcoal so it kinda goes

just my $.02

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Whatever you like

Armada puts it very well. It is all a matter of taste and what you like. I believe this goes for the lifting and lowering too. If you like it lifted, get it lifted, if you like lowered, lower it. There are those on both sides of the fence that feel strongly either way. I like trucks/cars period. I can appreciate someone's differing view without liking it for MY vehicle. I'm not the one making the payments. With that said, if YOU like the chrome look, keep it. It looks nice both ways.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I'll take em off your hanz

Me personally think that the chrome inserts are a substanially cool upgrade I like it, but iffffff you really don't like em I am looking for some and can take em off ou your hanz $$$$$$$$$$$ :2cool:

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I personally think its too much. I did get the upper chrome put on my SE and think thats enough. I do want to get some inserts that have the honeycomb look. Kinda like the Denali, but I want them to be powdercoated in black. I'm looking for the quality/durability rather than looking too chromy. I'm not feeling the factory, plastic ones.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I think it looks good. Chrome is a very personal thing. Because of the "small" amount of chrome on the side and rear of the Mada, the front can appear a little out of balance with too much chrome bling. I think the answer is to dress up the sides and back, not dechrome (that is NOT a word,lol) the front. You have nice chrome rims. In the next year, someone may come up with chrome options for the 2nd door handle, side mouldings, gas cap, fender flares, liftgate levers, etc. You will like some of it, and hate the rest. Too much chrome will be when YOU think there is too much chrome. For now, CHROME ON!

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
I'm of the "a little dab'll do ya" school. My blizzard Armada looks cool with the little bit of chrome on it. It's a taste thing, though.

If I had black I'd probably not want nearly as much chrome.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Personally, I think you need to dip the entire front end in chrome. I'm sure JC Whitney has a kit. I've got inserts on the wife's LE and am thankful for them. In Arizona heat, the grill accumulates such a high temp the bugs are incinerated on impact. It's the perfect no mess solution to jaywalking insects.

Your truck looks fine. Well....it could use some 24" wheels, but other than that....

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all your input....I appreciate it! Don't know what I will do about the grille....maybe just wait a bit to make sure of my decision.
I do like the Denali look.......I like to call it the "HOLY GRILLE" We shall see.
Thanks again guys! :)

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I have a silver SE. I have this same exact grill on mine. I really like this grill, but since mine is an SE, I do not have all chrome in the front. I think your's looks good. Do not worry what others think. If you like it, that is all that matters!!!!!! :2cool:

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know...I am so bad that way. I shouldn't worry about others. Thanks Dearmada. Can you send a pic of your Mada.... I would like to see how the grille looks.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
weezr17 said:
Opinions WANTED!
Do you guys/Gals think that it is TOO much chrome for the front? I was thinking about taking my E&G Chrome Grille off....what do ya'll think?
:hmm:
Looks pretty sweet on you black Mada !

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Check out GrillCraft

bootyologist24 said:
I personally think its too much. I did get the upper chrome put on my SE and think thats enough. I do want to get some inserts that have the honeycomb look. Kinda like the Denali, but I want them to be powdercoated in black. I'm looking for the quality/durability rather than looking too chromy. I'm not feeling the factory, plastic ones.
http://www.grillcraft.com/applicati...el=NISSAN+TITAN+/+ARMADA&ext=&years=2004-2005

Check these out. I think I am leaning to this look for my Red Braun. Kinda don't like to look like everyone else. They make these in black and silver. I think I'm going to do the silver, but the black looks great too on this one. Unlike most of the other grills, this one requires that you do a little cutting and screwing. :chainsaw: :comp26: (pretend computer is your 'mada)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
If you didn't worry... I'd be suspicious

weezr17 said:
I know...I am so bad that way. I shouldn't worry about others. Thanks Dearmada. Can you send a pic of your Mada.... I would like to see how the grille looks.
I'm married and know some other women too :) (wifee knows them too) And I haven't met a woman who doesn't care what others think about how she looks and what she's drivin'. If you didn't I'd think you were a man posing to be a woman on this site... And we all know better than that (flasher/scrippa girl) :thumbup: Inquire on hun and don't feel bad about wanting to know what others think of you. It's only normal (for a girl, and many guys too, if they'll admit it)

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I'll chime in a little late here with an opinion...front grill inserts are no longer new and different. They've been out for a long time now. In fact, our local autoshops, Craigen, Autozone, etc., carry stock on a few popular models. WHen that happens, I put them in the same category as curb feelers and spinning hub-caps---people put them on only becasue it's what they find while roaming the aisles of the local autozone, not because the trucks design screamed the need for it. Front grills are on there for the sake of being on there, and that's a bad reason to put them on. They're not special looking or anything, they just look like a 1984 cutlass sierra with fake spinning hubcaps, 5 telephone antennas, and 12 reflectors! If you look at the Armada front end, there's already a lot of chrome up there, the design is not in need of more.

Sorry to rant, but you asked for opinions...

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FL~

i really do care what people think....sometimes it is a bit too much, that I even ANNOY myslef! LOL! Anyway thanks.

HEY HECDOG!
You are right, I did ask for opinions.....and that's cool. Sometimes i do feel the same way you do. Maybe it is too much chrome and then I think that it looks sharp. I sway from day to day. :confused:

I know...maybe on the days I think it's too much I'll just take it off! HA!
:p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts