Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Do you notice interior squeaks/rattles in your 2017+ Armada?

• Interior noises all of the time

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Interior noises sometimes

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Interior noises on occasion

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No interior noises!

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does your 2nd Gen Armada interior make noises?

I'm curious how many folks are experiencing interior noises in their 2017+ Nissan Armada? I've noticed creaking noises from the center console, dash, and other plastics. In fact, if you just press on any plastic surface, you can hear creaking. Naturally, the more annoying part is when this occurs due to normal vehicle movement.

I also acknowledge many folks either don't notice and/or care. I know more than a few like this, and envy them to a certain extent. ;)

But what are your thoughts? Any creaks, squeaks, rattles? Have you reported them to the dealer?

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I have a centre console rattle that comes and goes. Likely under the shifter housing. Of course, when it's at the dealer for scheduled maintenance, it doesn't make a sound.

·
Super Moderator
5,025 Posts
For contrast,

Ive a 2012 qx (second gen is based on 2011+ qx and both are now made in japan on the same line )with 75k and zero squeaks, no rattles or any sounds caused by interior construction. I do pay attention to that and i have some what of an ocd (example, i turn off the radio, hvac first before shutting off the car instead of just shutting off the car like most people...) with the car...

The early 2004-5 model armadas had lots of little “mouse squeak” sounds in the dash. Nissan cured the majority of that with the 2006 (which was my first armada back in the day).

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
For additional contrast....my 2012 (yes, I know, different platform) rattles like a 30 year old Chevy Truck. Rear window, passenger seat, console, ...... Way worse than my 2006 did when I got rid of it at 90,000+ miles.

·
Super Moderator
5,025 Posts
nice work! agree that this would be the best way to mute the interior.

still no creaks or rattling noises in my 2012 qx and im at 75k currently...

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
The interior is rattling and it is getting worse after +/- 30k miles.
It is better to do a an full anti-rattling and noise-busting oft the interior.
The care is getting noise-free and a lot more quieter)
On mine it is looking like this:

Do you have a material list? I have the squeaks and creeps i want to get rid of 😕.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
The interior is rattling and it is getting worse after +/- 30k miles.
It is better to do a an full anti-rattling and noise-busting oft the interior.
The care is getting noise-free and a lot more quieter)
On mine it is looking like this:

What does something like that cost out of curiosity? Materials I mean.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Wow, good job!!!!
That's really getting into it, it's going to sound like a Mercedes after all that work. (y)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts