Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Door lock and unlock setting change?

35K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Denmo 
#1 ·
Anyone else had their door lock unlock setting changed from

1) lock during acceleration and unlock with the ignition off.

To

2) lock when shifting out of park and unlock when shifting into park.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
hi,

the 2018 is the same as 2011+ qx (and the 2017 + armada since they are all made on the same line) in terms of these things, so what exactly are you asking sir? maybe I can help.

other than exterior refreshes , the nissanconnect app, and some interior fabric refreshes, its the same car mechanically and electrically as the 2011+ qx.

#5 ·
Here's the thing. My 2018 initially had no issues with my auto rain sensing wipers. They were normal. If it rained, they turned on automatically.

Wipers.. WTH? Thought we were talking about door locks. Stick with me...

I left my wipers on auto all the time. When it rained they came on. If it didn't rain, they don't come on. It was great for a few months.

At some point I had my door locks changed from ignition to shifting from P.

Then one day it started. 1/20 times when it would start the wipers go crazy and run non stop. This is only if I left it on auto when the vehicle started up. Flipping the stalk to off stops it, but putting it back on auto or leaving it on auto would keep the wipers flipping out. The only thing that can be done is to power cycle the truck.

Nissan couldn't figure it out so they replaced the control module for the wipers and the BCM (body control module) that runs the wipers, seat memory, radio, courtesy lightning, intelligent key response, etc.

The BCM also controls the door lock and unlock programming. They had to reprogram both of my keys back to the new BCM. They forgot to reprogram my door locks back to shift only.

But my dealer is 30 miles away so I said forget it.. I would take care of it the during the next oil change.

I'm the mean time, with the new BCM, my auto wipers hadn't kicked back on for 5k miles.

Today I got an oil change and rotation, and while I was there I told them that they forgot to change my door lock from ignition response to shifting response, so they did.

And then it happened. The very next start up with the wipers in auto they went crazy and wouldn't stop.

So here's my theory....

Changing the door lock/unlock programming in the BCM is screwing with the programming of the auto wiper function in the BCM.

Thats the only explanation. And the 2018 and up has a completely different BCM than the 2017 and below.

So is there anyone that has had thier door locks changed from the ignition function to the lock/unlock when shifting from AND has also had thier auto rain sensing wipers flip out and come on and run non stop?

#6 ·
thank you for the detailed response!

the BCM on later editions of the qx is updated slightly because there are different sensors that control some features added in later model years. the TCM is still the same.

that is an interesting find though! the sensors in the windscreen tell the BCM when to operate the wipers. you can test the wipers by lifting up the wipers off the windscreen and sparkling water on the sensor.

its not rained here in LA for months so I cant test, but I will keep this in mind next time. Ive used my wipers 2-3 times this year (i've had the door locks changed for years) but when I do its me flicking the stalk.

#8 ·
I’m not denying the part is different. Its expected the BCM (and other small parts) is different due to the extra sensors the cars has on later models. No question bro.

Its an interesting bug is all im saying, and it seems you can reproduce it.

I’d take this finding and go to the dealer. Show them the same issue ( using the auto wiper test ) . They can have a master tech come out and test this further. Since its happened to you TWICE under the same circumstances, I’d say thats solid proof.

#9 ·
I have a 2017 platinum and am annoyed that the doors don’t unlock when I shift into “park”. So you mean to tell me this can be done? How?

Also, I have experienced this windshield wiper issue once, which disappeared after cycling the engine off. I haven’t had anything done with the BCM, so I’m not sure they are related (at least in my case).

#10 ·
Ahhhhh... Man that's good to know it's not the lock setting. But it used to happen every day until they replaced the BCM.

Power cycling the engine or just switch the wipes to off will stop it.

But yes, there's several ways to change how the car lock and unlock.

Look at the attachment above. Take it to the dealer and have them program the setting you want.

There should not be any charge.itvtaked 30 seconds.

#12 ·
i asked this question many years ago and was told its defaulted in the US to unlock when ignition off for safety reasons. meaning preventing car jackings, accidental door opens from young children, etc. it may not agree with most of us on this site but we are the minority and nissan have to think globally and with legalities.

im glad we have the ability to adjust this and i much much prefer the doors to unlock when shifting to park.

#14 ·

To

To

The techs at the Nissan dealership were unable to find the settings. Any other suggestions?

#20 ·

To

I just had them change my unlock from factory to unlock all doors when shifting into park.
My rain sensing wipers will not work at all. Pouring rain today.
How can you have such a software malfunction?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.