Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 le, when driving in windy conditions the top corner of front doors rattle/ pulsate. Any ideas to fix this?

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I can actually see the top corner of the door sort of like flutter (for better words).

·
Premium Member
300 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, where do I find this caulk rod? Do you just cut a slit in weatherstrip? How long of piece do you put in? Thanks Brian

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
No. It's a design flaw in the door and seal.

The best you can do is replace the entire door seal with a new one, try to move the strike plate. (Mine wouldn't move any further in.)

I've thought about trying to roll the window down all the way, and then "tweak" the metal doorframe a little bit in, but am so far too scared to try that. I know they are really flexable, but at what point does the metal crack?

·
Registered
34 Posts
06 le, when driving in windy conditions the top corner of front doors rattle/ pulsate. Any ideas to fix this?
The problem is an aerodynamic one, won't bore your with the resultant pressure vectors, so next windy day get some duct tape and seal the gap between the upper door frame and the roof rail starting upper door hinge and stopping at the top rear corner, and go for a ride, different speeds, different degrees of cross winds and see if there is a change. This will show if you are loosing seal pressure. and then the real fix is to stiffen the upper door frame, but that requires rewelding. So some others are suggesting shimming the door seal out to get more pressure on the seal. Don't know if it works or not, it certainly will make the door harder to close, but not as hard as those who suggest moving the striker inboard which increases seal pressure on lots more surface area. The body shop fix is to bend the upper door frame inboard, all of these have trade offs of more closing effort, door gaps and mis-alignments some times water leaks are created, so you have to decide if the sometimes wind noise is worth the trade offs, like slamming the door every time. Has the door ever been in an accident, or adjusted?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts