Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Double Din Dash Kit

8K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  amandrew325 
#1 ·
What is the difference between the Double Din dash kit offered by Scosche and the Double Din dash kit offered by Nissan. Which one is better? :huh:

#2 ·
Midnight said:
What is the difference between the Double Din dash kit offered by Scosche and the Double Din dash kit offered by Nissan. Which one is better? :huh:
I believe the only difference is one is OEM and one is Aftermarket. I would think an OEM piece would have a better fit and finish, but then again I have never seen what the Scosche looks like.

#4 ·
I believe the finish for the dash changed from '04 to '05. For what year did you find it a missmatch?

#5 ·
92TripleBlack said:
I believe the finish for the dash changed from '04 to '05. For what year did you find it a missmatch?
I bought it from Crutchfield, and they do not have a specific year for that, all what you have to tell them is Nissan Armada and it does not give you the option of the year, mine came saying 04+ Nissan Armada. but if any one would like to install the wood dash kit, this might be a good idea, because its gonna be covered anyway ;)

#7 ·
92TripleBlack said:
Yeah 05-06 changed the Radio bezel and Shifter console to either a brushed aluminum finish on LE's, and a funky CF looking one for the SE. All other dash trim pieces stayed the same color.

Last I checked Nissan was only selling the Double-Din bezel in the original 04 grey color. May have changed by now and added the newer year trim colors?

I'm changing out my bezel and shifter console to the 05 brushed aluminum this weekend, so I have researched this crap pretty well. :D

#8 ·
PumaFiveOh said:
Yeah 05-06 changed the Radio bezel and Shifter console to either a brushed aluminum finish on LE's, and a funky CF looking one for the SE. All other dash trim pieces stayed the same color.

Last I checked Nissan was only selling the Double-Din bezel in the original 04 grey color. May have changed by now and added the newer year trim colors?

I'm changing out my bezel and shifter console to the 05 brushed aluminum this weekend, so I have researched this crap pretty well. :D
Hey Puma, do you know how much the OEM Bezel? I paid 39.99 for it from Crutchfield, but had to return it.

#9 ·
hey, ive searched most threads w/ "dash kit" "metra" "scosche" but i just wanted to make sure before i buy my dash kit. my 1.5 din p77dh got stolen so im replacing it with a single din p860mp. i would really like to see some single din's installed with the following dash kits so if any of you have pics & know what dash kit you used they would be appreciated!

2009 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE SWB Smoke, Superchips Cortex 93 Octane Tune (PN 4950), Magnaflow Catback Rear Exit Dual Exhaust (PN 16781), Peragon Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Motorvator TBS, Injen Power Flow CAI, Coverlay, AVS in Channel Vent Visors, AVS Bug Deflector, Armaden LED's (all interior and exterior lights), DDM Tuning Headlights 55W 6000k 9006's , HIDExtra High Beams 6000k 9005's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.