Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just wondering....I just purchased a new 2005 Armada LE (last one left) and the front seats are terrible. The drivers seat is flat and I can barely walk after 2 wks sitting in it due to a flare of back pain from the extreme firmness and forward tilt at all times, which gets worse when coming to a stop. My seats sit very high off the floor as well and I'm getting pain in the back of my legs from this also. They are leather seats. The passenger front seat has a gap at the bottom and it causes passengers pain in their lower backs where the seatback starts above the gap because there is a hard edge there (very hard foam). The dealer already told me there's no fix for these things and I am still going in with it next week to have them look. I can barely walk now from the pain this is causing me and I am a small person! Are there any TSB's anyone knows of for this? Also, does anyone know of any fixes for the seats? How much would new seats cost, if they are even available? I heard 06 seats are much better. I 'm not even sure if mine has the right seats in it.....someone told me they think I have 04 seats in my 05 model.
I also have tons of brake dust all over with only 700 miles. Is that the start of the brake problem? Also, the forward lean when stopping. Mine has the smaller brakes on it, but no judders yet.
Thanks for any help. :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
there are no service bulletins for the seat firmness. I'd say your best bet is to have an auto upholstry shop take a look at what they could do.

If you got a lot of brake dust you have the old brakes. Depending on how you drive you'll start to feel the judder probably between 6-12k.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
You can't adjust the firmness of the seat but you do have an eight way adjustable seat. Can't you adjust the tilt and height to suit you?

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
I suggest moving the seat controls and seeing how far it will move. If you get little or no movement, you have a problem that the dealer should fix. I suggest working with the seat angle to adjust for the "koosh" you need.

Geeez... I am a BIG guy with relatively short legs and the Armada driver's seat is the best ride I've ever had. I find that the seat adjusts too low or too high for me, even too close or too far back. The seat angle adjustment is great (I've made it too flat or too angled and had to adjust many times).

MY complaints have been that the seat color started.. cracking is the only way I can put it... the back pocket is loose, and the armrest didn't stay partially raised. Ride, height, comfort, all good here.

I just got the vehicle back yesterday afternoon from a seat repair. The seat was squeaking a few months ago and I took it in (again). Seat was tightened but started squeaking in a few weeks. Took it in yet again and the tech punched a little hole in the seat just above the controls. Repaired it yesterday (new seat cover - bottom, not back) and now the armrest works! I had given up on it - never worked and I figured it wasn't that big a deal.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
I've noticed that the seats in my 06 are more comfortable than the 04 we used to have, particularly the passenger seat. The seat bottom tilts farther back on the new one, so you don't feel like you are going to slip out of the seat. One thing I don't like is that the armrest is either up or down on the 06; the 04 had infinite height adjustment on the arm rest. I miss that. I have the dual power seats on mine; may be different if you don't have the power adjustment.

Keith

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
seat

Emerica134 said:
Hi All,

Just wondering....I just purchased a new 2005 Armada LE (last one left) and the front seats are terrible. The drivers seat is flat and I can barely walk after 2 wks sitting in it due to a flare of back pain from the extreme firmness and forward tilt at all times, which gets worse when coming to a stop. My seats sit very high off the floor as well and I'm getting pain in the back of my legs from this also. They are leather seats. The passenger front seat has a gap at the bottom and it causes passengers pain in their lower backs where the seatback starts above the gap because there is a hard edge there (very hard foam). The dealer already told me there's no fix for these things and I am still going in with it next week to have them look. I can barely walk now from the pain this is causing me and I am a small person! Are there any TSB's anyone knows of for this? Also, does anyone know of any fixes for the seats? How much would new seats cost, if they are even available? I heard 06 seats are much better. I 'm not even sure if mine has the right seats in it.....someone told me they think I have 04 seats in my 05 model.
I also have tons of brake dust all over with only 700 miles. Is that the start of the brake problem? Also, the forward lean when stopping. Mine has the smaller brakes on it, but no judders yet.
Thanks for any help. :mad:
Must be differnt than mine, I just bought an 04 left over, i'm 6'3" and close to 300lbs and the armada seats are the most comfy I've ever had! :moon:

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My seat controls seem to work ok but they don't adjust enough in some positions. I either have a lump under my butt or my knees are up too high and then the back of my legs hurt. Also, the headrests sit way back from me and that is dangerous. They are in the correct place on the seat but the seatback has no contour for sitting comfortably, it is very flat, so I have to keep the seatback further away from me or else it pushes against the bottom of my back very hard. I have lowered the lumbar support nob and that only helped a little.

Does anyone have a pic of 05 leather front seats? I am wondering if I have the correct seats or if they were swapped out for the older 04 seats between the time I test drove and bought it. Something is really odd about the position of my seats.

My armrests drive me crazy too. Sometimes they are higher up and other times they drop lower. There doesn't seem to be a way to control the position. If I push them up, and then back down, they stop at several different notches and each time its different.

Also, is the gas pedal supposed to be adjustable too? On mine only the brake is but I've read somewhere they should both beb. The 2 pedals never seem to line up well and I either have to lift or drop my foot to switch which is a pain.

Upholsterer wants over 1,000 to fix the seat cushions, which I cannot afford. I'm going to the dealer next week but they already said they can't do anything but I will not let up until they do. All my other Nissans had great seats I never had to think about or have problems like this.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
While at the dealer, ask to sit in other 05's and 06's on the lot and see if they are any different.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
I think you just need to get the seats perfect. On my company car (01 stratus) I have to have the seat perfect or it kills me. Once I have it dialed in it is fine but if someone moves it even just a little I get pain and I spend a week readjusting.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Campfamily said:
I've noticed that the seats in my 06 are more comfortable than the 04 we used to have, particularly the passenger seat. The seat bottom tilts farther back on the new one, so you don't feel like you are going to slip out of the seat. One thing I don't like is that the armrest is either up or down on the 06; the 04 had infinite height adjustment on the arm rest. I miss that. I have the dual power seats on mine; may be different if you don't have the power adjustment.

Keith
I suggest complaining about the armrest. I thought mine was either up or down ('04) but it just needs some adjustment or another.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Some 04s had adjustable arm rests, but I don't think any 05 or 06s have them. Something isn't right here. The seats may have been changed out, or it isn't a 05.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.