Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here having this problem ? My Mada only has 2400 miles on it and the damn seat is creaking ! I'm a 6' foot 230lb musclehead and I don't think its my weight doing it. I wonder if I can get the dealer to replace it ? This sux !

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Seat creek..

You know, mine just started to as well, and I have way less miles.

One thing I DID notice is that it started AFTER I did the Bose sub-woofer poly fill mod. I may have overtightend the seat when putting it back. I am going to try loosening the bolts a bit.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gmartin66 said:
You know, mine just started to as well, and I have way less miles.

One thing I DID notice is that it started AFTER I did the Bose sub-woofer poly fill mod. I may have overtightend the seat when putting it back. I am going to try loosening the bolts a bit.
You may be on to something bro ! I did that same mod to the sub ! I'm gonna try messing with it tomarrow. I'll let you know if it helps . Peace !

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Yeah mine creaks like crazy. I have an appointment at my dealership tomorrow for a couple of TSB's and I am going to have them look at that. It's driving me nuts.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Same here. I got you beat by 1" and 10 lbs. ;)

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
TSB for this

There is a TSB for this. Both the driver and front passenger seat on mine was creaking/squeeking. Once the dealer fixed (I believe it was a new seat frame or something), I have had no more seat squeeks.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
hey could you forward a link to this TSB, I was looking for a TSB like this and could not find it.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
scr38 is the man!!!

scr38 just posted a link to all of the nissan TSB's. I've used the link before, very helpful. I went through all of TSB's, found the ones that were applicable to my truck, printed them out and took the truck to the dealer. Thx for the help scr38!!!!! the link again is www.nissanhelp.com/bulletins/model.htm.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Seat Creeks...

I posted earlier that I did the sub-woofer mod, THEN the seat started creeking...I came off the nut tightness a bit and it's gone.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I tried loosing the bolts abit and it didn't work . So I tried tighting them a bit more and BINGO ! The noise is gone !

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I'm going to the dealer for the brakes and I'll have them fix the squeak as well as the do the AC TSB. Haven't had any AC problems but better safe than sorry. ;)

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
So follow up from service, brakes fixed...less dust .

NPF on Airconditioning.

Tightened seat brackets, and it is better, but still quite a bit of noise moving right and left in the drivers seat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts