Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers door (05 Armada) whenever I hit a slight bump will rattle/slap on the upper corner near my head.To the point that I can sometimes see daylight. Plus when driving on the highway and run over a group of small bumps the car will hop is this standard for a Armada. I'm used to my Sequioa.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
910 Posts
Sounds like the dreaded window rattle. There's a TSB on this- they replace the window runners, adjust the regulators and change the window geometry a little. Does it go away when you roll down the window a bit?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
248 Posts
adjmcloon said:
Sounds like the dreaded window rattle. There's a TSB on this- they replace the window runners, adjust the regulators and change the window geometry a little. Does it go away when you roll down the window a bit?
Where is the TSB for this? Does it apply to 05's?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They adjusted the door today and it seems better. I have to drive it awhile on the highway to make sure. Now it's onto the brakes. They need to be completely replaced 4,100 miles
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
248 Posts
zman said:
They adjusted the door today and it seems better. I have to drive it awhile on the highway to make sure. Now it's onto the brakes. They need to be completely replaced 4,100 miles
How did they adjust the door???
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
131 Posts
TooTall said:
How did they adjust the door???
Ya, what did they do to the door....mine makes a banging sounds over bumps.

Joe
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,363 Posts
I figured out mine is slghtly loose. This makes sense. The driver's side takes the most abuse, so it will loosen first. If I pull in on the door handle while driving, the noise stops. I'm going to adjust the loop the latch hooks into and move it inward 1/16th of an inch today. I'll let you know if this fixes the problem. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
131 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
I figured out mine is slghtly loose. This makes sense. The driver's side takes the most abuse, so it will loosen first. If I pull in on the door handle while driving, the noise stops. I'm going to adjust the loop the latch hooks into and move it inward 1/16th of an inch today. I'll let you know if this fixes the problem. ;)
OK thanks tripleb.

Joe
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
28 Posts
Regarding the door adjustment...coincidentally there is a TSB to fix wind noise at the upper corner location that you described the rattle coming from. For the wind noise they insert a 1/4 inch thick piece of foam underneath the outer rubber door seal. Sounds like the only was to fix is to adjust the door in at the loop as 92TripleBlack stated or to replace the door seal. However, the seal will eventually scrunch down permanently again and you'll be back to square one!
I would think the adjustment would be great as long as the door remains flush on the outside (or not noticeable).

As for the front end hop...I believe the travel of the wheels (springs/shocks)is inhibited by the massive sway bar. Mine jumps all over the place. The only fix I would try on this would be swapping out the shocks with ones that dampen both ways...like the Edelbrock IAS brand.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top