Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Nissan Armada and the other day while making a turn at about 45 mph I hit a couple of bumps and it sounded like my driver window was about to break. Where the window is located, it also felt as if wind just rushed into the vehicle at the same moment. I feel like the structure of this door has been compromised and I have another appointment with the service department tomorrow. What should I tell them to get something done? Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I also have an early build 2004 and have the same issue. Over larger bumps it sounds like metal on metal clunk like the door is hitting the frame. Driving on the interstate with a cross wind I also have an air leak. The door actually pulls out enough to break the seal and whistle. I tightend the latch some but will be taking to the dealer soon as I only have about 3,000 miles left on the warranty. I also still have the drivers side door creaking/squeaking probably caused from the same issue. While driving the door just hops all over the place and you feel every little bump. None of the other doors do this. I will let you know when I get an answer unless you beat me to it.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
If they can fix either of yours, please let me know how. I still have the same thing over larger bumps- the doors rattle like crazy. My small rattles have come back (the window) even after the weatherstripping TSB's.

I swear, if I could just fix the rattles and replace the seats with something stronger/more comfortable this would be a perfect ride.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
adjmcloon said:
If they can fix either of yours, please let me know how. I still have the same thing over larger bumps- the doors rattle like crazy. My small rattles have come back (the window) even after the weatherstripping TSB's.

I swear, if I could just fix the rattles and replace the seats with something stronger/more comfortable this would be a perfect ride.
Well my appointment is tommorrow at 7am and I have filed a report with Nissan Motor Corp as well. I have already contacted the media as a backup just in case Nissan does not stick to producing a good resolution to this issue, customer service is key. I will keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The saga continues

So of course I drop the truck off and have to shoot to work and wait and wait and wait for a reply from the mechanic regarding my door issue. Of course the he can not detect an issue and it costs 90.00 just for them to put it onto the diagnostics machine. So now I have an appointment to have a drive along to see if I can duplicate the issue for the tech to see what the issue is. I will keep you posted. Now I have to look for one of the most abused and used roads in Jamaica Queens so that I can get this problem fixed.
Will keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ride along scheduled

So my ride along with a mech. has been scheduled for Thursday. I have a case number with Nissan Motor Corp as well while they follow the progress of my complaint. So far just going through all of this without the ride along has shown me that this dealership is trying their best not to fix this problem. Will keep you guys posted.

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Door

kerien said:
I have already contacted the media as a backup just in case Nissan does not stick to producing a good resolution to this issue, customer service is key. .
Lets us know if you local news or one of the cable news networks feature your story. "The Door Rattling Saga Continues” All kidding aside my 05 SE OR has the same problem at times over rough roads.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So without regret I had to put my scheduled appointment to handle the door on one baby (the armada) to take care of my other two babies (my expecting wife) so once again I have another appointment scheduled. I know that I made the right choice. To be continued........

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay I Have Had It

So I have not been able to schedule a wonderful ride along with a mech. as of yet and so that frustration still lives on regarding my driver side door, and to add to the problem the other night I start the truck and the at check light is on and I can not accelerate. I take the battery cable off to reset the COMPUTER (thanks to my brothers advice) and because I did that when I took the truck into have it placed on the diagnostics machine to see why I got the at check light I was told that it cant be read because I took the battery offline. I AM SO TIRED OF SEEING THIS SERVICE CENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I have the same issue with my door.2005 Armada. I have taken the drive twice but of course could not duplicate it. I even let the service manager bring my car home for the night but still he could'nt dulicate it. Let me know

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
cfranzen said:
I also have an early build 2004 and have the same issue. Over larger bumps it sounds like metal on metal clunk like the door is hitting the frame. Driving on the interstate with a cross wind I also have an air leak. The door actually pulls out enough to break the seal and whistle. I tightend the latch some but will be taking to the dealer soon as I only have about 3,000 miles left on the warranty. I also still have the drivers side door creaking/squeaking probably caused from the same issue. While driving the door just hops all over the place and you feel every little bump. None of the other doors do this. I will let you know when I get an answer unless you beat me to it.
"Driving on the interstate with a cross wind I also have an air leak. The door actually pulls out enough to break the seal and whistle"

that happens to me also so if you hear a fix let me know, my dealer is realer good but has been unable to recreate the problem

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I think the door clunking and wind leak are two separate issues. My 05 Mada does not have problems with clunking, but will whistle with a good cross wind:mad:. I first noticed it when we were on our way to South Dakota. We were going aprox 90 mph and there was about 25 mph cross wind. Every time the wind gusted, the Mada whistled. It was the passenger front door going east and driver door heading west.
The whistling is caused by a difference in air pressure. As wind blows over the vehicle, it creates a low pressure zone. The air inside of vehicle is under more pressure, thus escaping the vehicle, causing the door to pop open, creating noise.
I have a ton of stuff behind the second row seat. It could have blocked the exhaust vent, creating a higher pressure inside of the cabin.
There is a way to see if there is excessive gap between the door and the body, buy using a dollar bill ;) Just hold the dollar on the top of door (with Washington facing you) and close the door. The dollar would be wedged between the door and weather strip. Now, gently pull on the dollar bill and the same time, slide the bill from front of the door to the back. You will feel some tension on the dollar; however, if the gap is wide on part of the door, it will be easier to pull on the bill. As you sliding the bill back, you will be able to determine where the gap is wider. Once you have completed this, re-open the door and pull your hand over the wider gap and pull the top of the door frame closer to the body. Close the door and rest. This is the way that the auto body repair tech does to adjust door tightness. (Alot of times after an airbag deployment, the air pressure pushes the upper door frames out and this is the way they adjust doors.)
If this does not help, you can get some 3M weather strip in a roll, with sticking backing from your home improvement store and stick it behind the vehicle's door opening weather strip that is attached to the roof/door opening panel. This will force the weather strip out to make more contact with the door, hopefully creating a small gap.
:)
Sorry if this is confusing :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.