Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife actually let me have the Armada for a few minutes yesterday. While leaving my brother's house I noticed that the console indicated that I was in 4WD when the dial was on 2WD. This lasted for a few minutes. I turned the dial while driving and also shifted in to neutral. The car then indicated it was back to 2WD.

I did not hear or feel any change from 2wd to 4wd or from 4wd back to 2wd so I don't think the car actually shifted. Has anybody else seen this issue?

· Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RKS said:
My wife actually let me have the Armada for a few minutes yesterday. While leaving my brother's house I noticed that the console indicated that I was in 4WD when the dial was on 2WD. This lasted for a few minutes. I turned the dial while driving and also shifted in to neutral. The car then indicated it was back to 2WD.

I did not hear or feel any change from 2wd to 4wd or from 4wd back to 2wd so I don't think the car actually shifted. Has anybody else seen this issue?

Don't know if anyone else has experienced this yet. It is now becoming a daily occurance. I am taking it in on Monday to get this and 2 squeeks looked at. I can't seem to locate where the noises come from but if I put my arms on the armrest they go away...

· Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
smcat38 said:
I just purchased my 05 LE a week ago and a few days ago I noticed that "4wd" was displayed on the dash, when the transfer case was in "auto". As it is a new vehicle, I assumed that this was normal, but I have not seen it lit since.

I will keep a eye on it.
I don't think it is supposed to show up but I may be incorrect. I had it in Auto during our 1' of snow last week and it never displayed "4WD" but it did indicate "Slip" a few times but it performed like a champ.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.