Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
im sure it wasnt meant to be. Something better will come along....

Believe
I think you are very correct. It definitely was not meant to be.

Well, I stumbled across one that may just be the one.

I am flying to Buffalo, New York to pick her up, if she looks right. A little pricey, but got all the curves and features I want. So, if it passes my personal inspection, I will be driving it 1,500 miles back to Texas.

Wish me luck. Flying out tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Trying to see if this picture will post. Using the Armada site. I may have to use the picture hosting sites for better posting of the pictures.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Yep sweeeeet looking ride.

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
I have about had it with these airlines. Last time was United. Now it is SW Airlines. And I really have always had good experiences with them, but do not know what is happening recently.

I fly from Houston to Orlando with no problems. I get to Orlando and we were supposed to leave at 11am for Buffalo. Which could have put me in Buffalo at 1:30pm in enough time to go the dealership and decide to buy the car or not.

But SW Airlines keep on telling us they pushed the flight an hour back because the plane is out of service for maintenance. They did this 3 times at which every passenger was at their ends wits. So, they immediately asked us to get in line for a $100 voucher refund. As soon as we are done getting the $100 voucher refund, a plane pulls up. We board and I get to Buffalo late and guess what? The dealership is CLOSED for the day.

Luckily the sales guy who has been working with me was nice to come pick me up and tak me to the dealership to see if we could see the car I want to buy. Well, the car is locked up. I am happy it is locked up as all other cars outside have snow on them. I cannot see the QX56 very well behind the foggy glass.

So, he takes me and drops me off at a hotel and promises to pick me up at 9am to take me to the dealership when they open at 9am. So, that is when I will see the car and make my decision or not after my own personal inspection.

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

After a tiring day, all I could do was have dinner and get some rest. Its very cold here and I am not used to this cold. And there is some snow on the roads. I need to start driving out of this area before it starts snowing again. I hope I buy the car tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Car passed my inspection. It has a clear bra so that is a bonus for me. Car is pretty clean and solid. Happy with my purchase. Paid and took possession. Just set up my gadgets; valentine 1, garmin gps, streaming bluetooth music, and my CB radio.

Car is road ready with new tires, good brakes, new air and cabin filters. Time for its journey from New York to Texas.

Just decided to post this before leaving. I will drive until I get tired, then look for a hotel and spend the night. I don't know what time that would be, but I want to get as far away from this snow area as I can while the weather is still good and no additional snow so far.

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)

The car is a Canadian car so it has the day time running lights that I cannot turn off, lol.

Parked next to a 2014 they are selling for $59,000. Lol, mine has the cross roof rails, but this one does not. They are exactly the same thing. All options the same. Mine is the top of the line 2012. Name it for a 2012 and it has it. I think it even has everything a 2016 has in options.

All my gadgets ready for my trip.

My CB radio antenna. These guys at the dealership are just confused and don't understand why all the gadgets. I just say it is my thing.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Nice looking QX, WOW the interior is good looking. Be curious at the gas mileage you get running across country. be safe enjoy your new 4x4 suv..

·
Super Moderator
4,918 Posts
now you are cooking. welcome to the 2012+ club. the 2014+ have a few more options but they are not deal breakers.

you will LOVE THIS SUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Marctronixx, does his new QX have the hydraulic setup you've been talking about. I need to go scope this setup out at a local dealer, sounds interesting. I see alot of QX older and newer around these parts . Seems to be the Doctors ride of choice unless there in a sports car.

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Marctronixx, does his new QX have the hydraulic setup you've been talking about. I need to go scope this setup out at a local dealer, sounds interesting. I see alot of QX older and newer around these parts . Seems to be the Doctors ride of choice unless there in a sports car.
Oh, I got quite a deal with this beast.

Name it, it has it. It has every option out there. I mean, all. I am serious. This the most loaded version of the 2012s.

I think marctronixx had mentioned his was the top of the line. That means I have exactly what he has.

He can confirm or deny it, but mine has everything that was put on the most loaded 2012 model. I particularly like mine because it has the second row bench instead of the captain seats. And mine comes with 3 wireless headphones for the bench seat, while if you have captain seats, you get only 2 headphones.

Also, I am so lucky the first owner put clear bra. It seems like it helped a lot. I don;t know what will be the long term effect down the road, but so far so great.

All I can tell you is if you go drive this vehicle you may sell your Armada. This QX is MARVELOUS!!!

After 700 miles of driving today, man does it impress. Going 100mph feels like 80. I am not kidding. Then when you hit 120, it feels as if it adjusts itself like the Bugatti Veyron does when it hits speeds above 200mph. I mean, at some point I felt the vehicle was doing its own thing while I was doing my own thing.

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
now you are cooking. welcome to the 2012+ club. the 2014+ have a few more options but they are not deal breakers.

you will LOVE THIS SUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
I sure was cooking something today on the freeway.

I truly do not know what possible options are on the 2014+ that one may miss on this fully loaded 2012. Can you tell me some options on the 2014+that this does not have? I hope it is not just change in color of leather seats or car color.

This thing is loaded. The Bluetooth streaming is just amazing. I mean, it is crispy clear and sounds awesome.

My 700 miles drive today was something to put in the books. I spent the first 2 to 3 hours of my trip trying to get acclaimed to this vehicle. Then when we finally formed a bond together where she could talk to me and could follow my lead on the dance floor which is the freeway, I could tell by the way we were connected on all the curves on I-71 in Kentucky that we were on our own Kentucky Derby on that curvy and mountainous roads.

Wow, is all I could say. She can move her curves, trust me.

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Mileage when I started my trip. So basically I bought the vehicle with let us just say 79,900 miles on odometer.

My trip is about 1,500 miles long.

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Wow! Feeling a little jealous :p How much did you get that beauty for? Drive safe and keep reporting in!
That is funny. But for real, this QX56 is in a different class of its own.

Oh, as for your question..., you've got mail! I sent that in a PM to you.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Heck yea, like your write ups always, Sounds like a very nice SUV, What do you notice about the 2 when hitting 100mph vs your Armada, Looks like the QX hits another gear or is geared higher at top end free way speeds comparing the tachs, Besides the Mapping is the Engine and transmission the same on the Armada's. Hows the fuel mileage punching a smaller hole trough the air I would expect the QX to be better, Stability besides the leveling anti sway system how does it compare with a narrower stance or is it just a delusion to think the QX is a tic smaller and narrower, I will probably never own a QX unless I win the Lottery but the engineering and interior is awesome. Thanks for sharing such a cool trip the excitement your have says it all, I have looked the Infinities are top of the food chain very nice. And I really like the CB Antenna changes the entire look makes the QX look more rugged. Congrats!!

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
After a very fun long second day of 800 miles, I am finally home. Here are all the states I went through. Unfortunately, I do not have one for New York.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
That's cool getting all the states except 1 I gotta say that Texas flag a flying looks the best out of all the states. WOW that suv will scoot. look forward to hearing your taughts on the Q56 vs the Armada.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts