Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a drop down DVD in the location of the stock monitor...This will not be hooked up to the audio controls...EVER! Only wireless headsets.
I am thinking that I can use the wires from the rear controls. The player has 3 wires and I would like to tap into the rear control wires..there is also a connector that I think is for the stock monitor also...I just need help which wires to tap into the rear control harness...I really do not want to run wires any further than I have to.

These are the three wires from the DVD DROP DOWN
1. RED ACC
2. YELLOW BATTERY
3. GROUND EARTH

So if you can tell me or have the harness on a diagram and point to the wires you would make my daughter very happy!!! Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
here's the wiring diagram, you might find the battery wire at the domes? If you have a probe it'll be easy to tell for sure. If not it's really pretty easy to run a wire down the b pillar and come out under the passenger seat and tap some wires under there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
I don't think you are going to be able to tap into any of the wires in the rear control area. All the power going to the rear controls and to the reading lights, etc. are controlled by the BCM. None of the wires there are directly connected to +12 volts or the ACC line. You can get the ground there, but you will have to run wires down to get the power. You can find +12 and the ACC in wiring harnesses under the drivers seat. That is where I connected my hands free system for my phone.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I was worried about the BCM...Think I need more wire now :) ...what did you tie into under the seat?

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
raskm said:
Yes I was worried about the BCM...Think I need more wire now :) ...what did you tie into under the seat?
Now I knew you were going to ask me that! It's been a long time since I did the wiring, and I don't remember which wires I tied into. But battery +12 and the ACC lines are there because I needed both for my Motorola unit I installed under the seat. I will try to look tomorrow (or maybe monday!) and see which I tied into. If you snap off the plastic door sill you will find a plastic wiring channel under it with all the wires you need to connect to.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
scr38 said:
I don't think you are going to be able to tap into any of the wires in the rear control area. All the power going to the rear controls and to the reading lights, etc. are controlled by the BCM. None of the wires there are directly connected to +12 volts or the ACC line. You can get the ground there, but you will have to run wires down to get the power. You can find +12 and the ACC in wiring harnesses under the drivers seat. That is where I connected my hands free system for my phone.

Are you sure? This is the signals that are coming from the HU to the rear controls. Wouldn't pin 13 give the ACC (it's 32 coming from the HU)?

Actually after more looking Pin 6 would also work no? Or is that only on when the lights are on???

In either case run the wires to under the seat and have your fuse at that end. That way if it quits working you can check the fuse first before having to pull everything down. Its easy to run the wires. Just pull the top cover of the b-pillar off and there is a gap between the body and headliner that you can pass the wires through. Then just go down the pillar and come out under the seat. there are already holes in the carpet to come out at.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts